The Mankind United To Support Total Education is a Scholarship arm of Youth Empowerment and ICT Foundation; it was registered with the corporate affairs commission in Abuja Nigeria on the 17th of November 2003. It is founded and funded by Mr. Jim Ovia in the year 1998, to provide financial aid to outstanding Nigeria youths.
The awardees are given funding for undergraduate study for the duration of the undergraduate program. The award includes tuition and maintaince allowance. The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities every year. The Financial records show that as at October 2010, Mr. Ovia has invested N98,220,000 in the program on one thousand, four hundred and thirty-nine beneficiaries.
In establishing MUSTE, Mr. Ovia hoped to create a network of future leaders within Nigeria who can compete globally with their peers, bring new ideas, creativity and are committed to improving the lives and circumstances of people in their respective communities. Overtime it is expected that MUSTE beneficiaries will become leaders in helping to address challenges related to health, technology, and finance, all areas in which the foundation is deeply engaged.
- To promote access to tertiary education
- To invest in the future leaders of Nigeria
- To provide a platform that encourages competitiveness and promotes equal opportunities in workplace
- To bridge the knowledge gap in Nigeria
Eligibility and Criteria
All Nigerian youth are eligible for the scholarship. In the first ten years of the program, 1439 youths from all cross Nigeria have been awarded scholarship. About one hundred awardees are selected each year from a pool of four hundred applicants. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout Nigeria by providing service to their community and applying their talent and knowledge to improve the lives of others.
Special MUSTE links
For renewing applicants who may be experiencing difficulties getting necessary documents from their schools, please download this request letter , fill in necessary information and take it to departments that can give you what you need to get your scholarship renewal.
1. Click here to download the form
2. Print and fill out the form COMPLETELY where it applies to your category.
3. For tertiary education please fill in your current university and your proposed year of graduation
4. Obtain all supporting documents such as your JAMB, SSCE, WAEC etc.
5. SCAN ALL PAGES + SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AND SAVE IN A FOLDER + Passport Photo
6. DO NOT FORGET TO SIGN YOUR APPLICATION.
7. Send that folder with all the documents to [email protected]
8. The email address used in sending your form MUST be in this format [email protected] . Please your email address must contain your first and last name.
9. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY HARD COPY TO OUR OFFICE ADDRESS.