The Nigerian Stock Exchange is pleased to announce the commencement of the 11th edition of the Annual National Essay Competition for secondary and tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
- Expose the young ones to the operations of the stock market;
- Develop a culture of medium and long-term investment habit among the youth;
- Expose the students to career choices in the securities market and related professions;
- Fill some gaps between school curriculum and practical approach to investing in the stock market.
- The Essay competition is open for two categories; students in senior secondary school and tertiary institutions in Nigeria
The NSE Essay Competition Topics:
Secondary Schools: What are the Benefits of Good Corporate Governance?
Tertiary Institutions: Corporate Governance and Nigerian Capital Market Development. Discuss
- Only one entry per person is allowed
- All entries must be accompanied with the competitor’s entry form
- Entries must be typewritten in English and not more than 2,000 words
- Essays must be original and unpublished
- All entries become the property of The Nigerian Stock Exchange and will not be returned.
- The decision of The Nigerian Stock Exchange panel of judges is final
Entry Deadline: November 2, 2012
How to Submit Entry
- All entries should be submitted via email to email@example.com
Prizes to be won
Secondary Schools – National Winners
1st Prize: N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand naira only)
2nd Prize: N150,000.00 (One hundred and fifty thousand naira only)
3rd Prize: N75,000.00 (Seventy five thousand naira only)
Consolation Prizes: N15,000.00 (Fifteen thousand naira) each for 34 Runners-up
Tertiary Institutions – National Winners
1st Prize: N300,000.00 (Three hundred thousand naira only)
2nd Prize: N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand naira only)
3rd Prize: N100,000.00 (One hundred thousand naira only)
Consolation Prizes: N20,000.00 (Twenty thousand naira) each for 34 Runners-up
Additionally Essay Prize
- All national winners are entitled to a certificate and plaque
- 1st Prize winners’ institutions shall receive a trophy each
- 34 state winners including FCT shall receive consolation prizes
- Names of winners and runners-up will be published in select Newspapers
- Equivalent cash prizes will be given out in form of shares of quoted companies
Have you got a question? send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Names of winners and runners-up will be published in select Newspapers.