PHCN Staff Electrocuted While Working To Restore Power Resulting From Electrical Fault

There was pandemonium at Satellite neighbourhood/NTA Road in Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital, on Wednesday, as a man identified as Mr Samuel Job Isaac was electrocuted while working on an electrical fault in the area.

Isaac, who died on the spot, was said to be a worker of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

The deceased, said to be an Electrical/Electronics Engineering gra-duate of the Osun State College of Technology, Esa Oke, allegedly met his death when a high tension cable landed on him while trying to repair a fault on the electrical pole.

His body, which was badly burnt, was said to have been deposited at the morgue of Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital (EKSUTH), Ado-Ekiti.

The public relations officer of the Ekiti PHCN district, Mr Kayode Brown, said the victim was working on the feeder to detect fault on the high tension, which had caused power outage in the area.

He said Isaac was employed about three years ago and had cognate experience to handle such electrical work, adding that the victim might have died of what he called “back-feed” on the high tension.

Chairman of Ado Local Government Area of the state, Mr Sunday Ibitoye, who visited the scene of the incident, expressed shock about the incident.

-Naija Gists


  1. How could an experienced Engineer be working on 11KV line with power ON !!!!!!. The Supervisor or whoever is in charge of this should answer to that. What shot of “back feed” would happen to a dead 11KV line.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here