Because men and women mostly don’t understand each other, I’ve come up with the 7 most popular words and phrases women use when dealing with men.
So. If you’re a man I suggest you read this, memorize it, and live it. If for no other reason than your safety and quality of life.
(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut the heck up. Immediately.
(2) Five Minutes: If the woman is getting dressed, this means half an hour.
(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with “nothing” usually end in “fine.”
(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don’t do it!
(5) Loud Sigh: This isn’t actually a word, but a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of “nothing.”)
(6) That’s OK: This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. “That’s OK” means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you — do not question it. Just say: “You’re welcome.”