To provide Process Engineering expertise in support of project development and detailed design. Typically this role stretches through all phases of project development post VAR 3, from project detailed design through to commissioning and hand-over to the Asset holder.
* To conduct the application of software tools and models to simulate multiphase/hydraulic flow for steady state modes and plant & pipeline depressurisation and be aware of dynamic simulation models for dynamic modes and transient processes.
* To develop project specifications and requirements for the Operations phase, taking into account discipline interfaces and the contributions of other disciplines.
* To provide process engineering input into detailed design of new facilities and pipelines, aiming to minimise asset lifecycle cost and to maximise facility availability and operability.
* To optimise process design, maximising the product yield and economic performance of facilities whilst achieving HSE objectives based on the ALARP concept.
* To review facility design to verify it meets the requirements for safeguarding systems taking all elements of H, S and E into consideration. To identify deficiencies and propose solutions.
* To develop process control and safeguarding philosophies and hazardous area classification, and evaluate process hazards by providing input into HAZOPs, HAZIDs, QRA, IPF and similar reviews. Ensure that all these evaluations are documented.
* To provide support as required in the application of de-bottlenecking techniques to optimise plant performance of brown field developments, and in the execution of reviews of existing facilities to maximise throughput of hydrocarbons and propose modifications required to meet production targets and comply with the Flares Down Policy.
* Manage delegated authorities of any contracts as per the Client’s Contract Management Guideline with special emphasis on the HSE issues of the contractor.
* Identify, evaluate and propose innovative, cost saving technology and novel business solutions, in order to reduce the average UTC of Client’s hydrocarbon development projects and to maximise their economic benefits to the JV.
* Maintain frequent contact with other process engineers in Client Locations, in order to keep abreast of new developments and technologies, disseminate best practices, ensure synergy of production facilities, work practices and quality control systems.
* University degree in an Engineering science plus 7 to 10 years of experience in process engineering in the EP industry.
* Demonstrable working knowledge of HYSYS and PIPESYS/Pipesim/ Pipephase simulation tools plus the Client Cost Estimating System;
* Strong conceptual innovative thinking with technical, analytical and commercial business skills.
* Good leadership, personal relations and communications skills are paramount for success. Inter-cultural awareness, team integration abilities are a requirement.
* Good interpersonal and negotiating skills, know-how of planning, economics and auditing.
* Ability to effectively function in a multi-ethnic, multi-discipline environment.
* Conversant with Nigerian, Group and International oil and gas facilities design codes and standards.