Position: Project Manager
Function Name: Supply Chain
Location: Head Office
Education: B. Eng. Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering
Career Type: Engineer
Role: Project Engineer/Manager
Functional Area: Project Management
Post Date 2012-11-29
Closing Date 2012-12-05
Desired Candidate Profile
Proven track record in dealing with projects. Ability to apply technical knowledge to determine problems and appropriate solutions. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other personnel including plant teams, vendors, contractors, peers and superiors. Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Good presentation skills. Results focused, with excellent planning and organising abilities. Customer-service focused, with a cross-functional approach. Sound financial awareness, and experience managing budgets. Flexibility to work outside normal working hours when required. Demonstrated leadership & influencing skills. Ability to read, interpret and apply information from files, drawings, catalogues reports and manuals. Excellent knowledge & application of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power-point etc)
- Manage simultaneously various projects within Project Engineering department as required, including technical validation and preparatory activities (like RFAs, tenders, LPOs, authorities,).
- Supervise projects and hand over to internal customers.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project.
- Facilitate definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Manage project budget.
- Manage project resource allocation.
- Plan and schedule project timelines.
- Provide direction and support to project team quality assurance.
- constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.