Summary: The purpose of this position is to maximize sales for the entire range of steel products with the informal trade channel at the given market price without breaching the credit limits and ensuring zero bad debts. Handle the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market towards achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company’s annual targets.
The Regional Sales Manager will report into the General Manager- Sales and Distribution of the steel division.
Expectation from the role:
a. Sales Planning
- Implement the business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Maintains sales volume and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends and competition.
- Gather and provide to the senior management timely and accurate competition pricing and marketing plans.
- Qualify potential new customers in order to secure more reliable and profitable customer base.
- Monitor customer performance to ensure maintenance and expansion of their sales capacities and develop and deliver sales and inventory reports and required documentations.
- Maintain accurate records for all sales, pricing and activity reports submitted by the sales team on a daily basis.
b. Operational Management
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in selling, storing and merchandising.
- Supervise and monitor the sales team to achieve their sales targets and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Resolve distributor and customer grievances if any.
- Review sales order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Forecast requirements and plan requisitions for stock orders to ensure 0 stock outs.
- Manage on a day-to-day basis all sales related activities and staff.
- Manage sales team staffing including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Conducts one on one review with all sales team to build more effective communication, to understand training and development needs and provide insights to improvement of sales and activity performance.
- Provides timely feedback to the senior management of performance related matters.
Desired Skills & Experience
Core sales experience of over 5- 8 years in the Nigerian building material industry.
- Graduate with a commerce/engineering background or a graduate in Metallurgy.
- Post-graduation diploma in business management with specialisation in sales and marketing is desirable.
- Computer literacy and the ability to understand and use the full fleet of MS Office products (Word, Power Point, Excel etc.) is a must.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful and well organised
- Ability to motivate and supervise a sales team while demonstrating high level of integrity
- Result driven with a track record of past achievements
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced multicultural environment
PRIMLAKS is a leading manufacturing and trading company first established in Nigeria in October 1971. Today PRIMLAKS has interests in diverse industries, including food processing, construction materials manufacturing, frozen fish trading, distribution and logistic services, renewable energy solutions and is an ideal strategic and channel partner for international companies looking to enter the vast Nigerian market.
Our brand portfolio is focused on products that have demonstrated an ability to positively impact health, living standards and education in West Africa.
PRIMLAKS is always on the lookout for talented and energetic people with the right values who are capable of facing the challenges that come with managing a rapidly expanding company and enjoy working with high performance teams in an entrepreneurial environment.