The commercial city of Aba, Abia State was thrown into a heavy pandemonium on Christmas day following the mysterious death of an old blind woman in a fire outbreak.
The incident, which occoured in Ogbor Hills, a suburb of the city was said to have started from one of the back rooms of one of the building located at 64/95 Ikot Ekpene Road at about 4.45pm when most residents had gone out for xmas celebrations.
Sources said the inferno was suspected to have been caused by electrical spark.
It was learnt that the blind victim who was in her early 70s was living with one of her daughters when the fire broke out.
Unfortunately, the fire started when the daughter had gone out to a nearby market to purchase food items.
It was gathered that when the daughter and other co-tenants returned, they could not see the woman in the razed apartment and thought she might have narrowly escaped or rescued by other residents but they never knew that their mother and grandmother was burnt to death in the ragging inferno until the following day when they were clearing the debris and found her roasted body.
Speaking on the tragic incident, one of the occupants of the razed building, Chiemela Amaji who also lost fortunes to the disaster said the she was away to see a friend when the fire broke out.
According to the still shocked man, his wife who was sleeping when the fire broke out narrowly escaped been burnt to death as a result of intervention from other neighbours who woke her up before the fire spread to their room.
DailyPost gathered that state Fire Service workers could not help the situation when they eventually arrived as the inferno had already caused serious havocs