This new role is accountable for shaping the strategic direction and day-to-day operational delivery of a professional procurement and supply chain management service. You will manage the acquisition of best value/cost, quality and on-time delivery of a wide range of corporate head office, facilities, and industrial and warehousing supply requirements. You will ensure PSC services; products, equipment, machinery, plant/parts, employee protective equipment and supplier management expectations are delivered on time and to budget, to enable Intels to achieve its business goals and to meet our client expectations of us.
Candidates for this role must be able to evidence previous expertise of end-to-end goods and services procurement in a developing country – from local, regional, continental and international suppliers. You will also need a strong knowledge of Incoterms and be able to ensure PSC activities align with ISO 9000/1.
Principal duties and accountabilities
- To create, manage and maintain a supplier/vendor relationship database, which tracks past, present and future suppliers – from prequalification and selection processes to contractual supply, CRM and termination/holding/investigation status – in line with Intels Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) database management systems/procedures.
- To lead, manage and drive local, country, international regulatory and quality audit inspections of PSC services, ensuring the Intels brand and business reputation are protected from internal/external risk and procedural exposures.
- Review and manage PSC management/procedural activities to ensure they comply with Incoterms and other internationally applied import and export standards and practices, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Influence the direction and development of new and alternative PSC sourcing strategies which are aligned to Intels strategic business goals, fully compliant and support HSE, HR, quality & internal cost control measures.
- Develop and provide Supplier Audits and Assessments (Process and Product) ensuring effective Supply Quality, performance and pricing metrics, to meet company targets and Procurement KPI’s.
- Ensure departmental adherence to Group Safety and Quality Processes, Procedures and Policies, providing on-the-job training to a small team of 6 staff.
- Provide expert advice and information about different suppliers, market conditions for materials to be sourced and procured.
- Update and maintain all Procurement Procedural Manuals, Job Descriptions and Organizational Charts.
- Meet daily with local and foreign units to ensure follow up on all outstanding enquiries and deliveries.
- Ensure all local and foreign orders are delivered according to agreed timescale and that excellent internal customer service, problem resolution and related communications are relayed to customers and end users in good time.
- Oversee the renewal, extensions and amendments of contracts, negotiate local or import purchase by discussing options with end users.
- Decide options and modes of shipment by considering urgency, lead time, packing specification, cost of goods, and transport availability / cut-offs.
Nigerian Content Development Act
This role is primarily targeted towards an International PSC professional. As a champion of The Nigerian Content Development Act, we actively encourage applications from in country Nigerian nationals and those living overseas who may be considering returning to Nigeria. Nigerian nationals (in country) must be able to demonstrate strong PSC credentials, having worked within a MNC or International business and to managed services to international standards.
How to apply for this position
Please send your up-to-date CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com.
- Your covering letter should give brief details about how you meet criteria 1 to 5 in the Candidate Profile below.
- Your CV and cover letter will be assessed against this job profile. Generic CV’s rarely provide sufficient information/data (on their own) to ensure success at shortlisting stage.
- Closing date for receipt of CV’s: 12 noon GMT on Wednesday 19th December.
Summary of Expatriate C&B package
For overseas nationals, a ‘single status’ comprehensive expatriate package is available which includes:
- Tax efficient basic salary, paid monthly in $USD to your nominated overseas account
- Local living allowance, paid whilst working in
- Furnished accommodation (50sqm) with cleaning & laundry service**
- 105 paid leave days working on rotations of 52 days on site, followed by 21 days leave
- 5 round trip air tickets to your point of origin
- Bupa International Healthcare Plan
- Life Insurance
- All visa’s and permits to work are provided/paid for by the company
** Living accommodation is based in one of our secure, gated residential estates, which incorporates an extensive range of on-site living and leisure facilities, including: Supermarket, International SOS Clinic, restaurant, bars, pool, gym etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years dedicated purchase and supply chain management experience, ideally supported by a professional qualification/training in PSC management and membership of a relevant professional body.
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience of purchasing strategies and inventory management in an industrial commercial business setting.
- Experience of creating and maintaining effective PSC policies, lean initiatives and processes.
- Ability to apply good vendor management principles and manage the needs and expectations of multicultural internal and external customers/vendors, in an assertive, sensitive and professional manner.
- Strong knowledge of purchase order systems and software/tools – ideally linked to a major ERP system.
- Proven ability to create and manage a functional budget, with evidence of achieving cost savings/benefits through effective PSC and financial management.
- Highly developed planning and organisation skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy and ability to multitask and manage a range of projects, challenges, deadlines.
- Conscientious and resilient with the ability to manage challenging situations and service delivery failures through proven customer service and relationship management skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage a small PSC team
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, influencing and negotiation skills, with fluency in English (spoken and written) with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently in writing, by email, phone and face to face meetings, with colleagues and suppliers.
Intels Nigeria Limited was established 25 years ago with the vision to develop an integrated logistics solution offering a complete package of facilities and services to the Oil & Gas industry in Nigeria.
Intels Nigeria, working in conjunction with Intels West Africa (Intels), has become established as leading supplier of oil and gas logistic support services throughout West Africa and particularly Nigeria. First in Nigeria and then in other countries, Intels has pioneered the concept of the integrated ‘one-stop-shop’ oil service center bringing together terminal operations, logistics plus transit and supply services.
To complete the range of services available at the oil service centers, and to offer a more complete logistics package Intels also provides dedicated manpower and equipment hire, secure residential housing and commercial office areas. This benefits the Operators by allowing them to concentrate on their core business rather than invest time and resources in peripheral activities.