- Review internal and external capabilities and trends and contribute to the development of policies and guidelines in relation to sales and distribution channels in MTNN.
- Execute strategies and plans for sales and distribution for sustainable channel growth and development, organizing required resources, monitoring and periodically reporting progress of plans.
- Review market intelligence and competitor insight, develop approaches for penetrating the market based on existing channels identifying constraints, challenges and trade-offs of the approaches.
- Assess resource requirements in respect of sales channel operations and propose budget as well as assist in monitoring related budget.
- Review business activities of sales channels on a continuous basis, provide the sales and distribution management with timely feedback on performance and ensure effective channel utilisation and product availability across the market.
- Establish productive and professional relationships with distributors, dealers and customers and foster excellent communication internally and externally to ensure dealers have the right materials and product knowledge to increase sales.
- Carry out regular review of sales channel business processes and systems and advice sales and distribution management of ways of improving operational efficiencies and ensuring resources are utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner.
- Monitor and review on channel profitability, dealer performance and sales performance trend and generate periodic channel assessment reports for channel performance review.
- Coach and train the sales channel team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
Desired Skills & Experience
- B Degree (B Econ/ B Admin/ B Comm preferred)
- An MBA is desirable
- Minimum 12 years sales and marketing experience (ideally in sales & distribution), with at least 2 – 3 years at senior management level
- FMCG/ Telecommunications/ Retail Banking context.
With over 42 million subscribers, MTN Nigeria is the largest subsidiary in the MTN Group, Africa’s leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call in Nigeria following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations in August 2001. Since our entry into the market, MTN has become an intrinsic part of Nigerian social and economic life, offering a wide range of products and services which act as a catalyst for fiscal and human development. We have also demonstrated our belief in Nigeria not only by investing billions of dollars in infrastructure and facilities, but by also investing in areas of need, thereby giving back to society. In May 2005, the MTN Nigeria Foundation was created to spearhead a robust corporate social responsibility agenda. MTN Nigeria subsists on the core brand values of the MTN Group, Leadership, Integrity, Relationship, Innovation and a Can do attitude. We also offer a unique Employee Value Proposition centred around the following five pillars
– Brand Strength
– Leadership Brand
– Investing in our Talent
– A Globally Diverse Culture
-Total Reward and Recognition
As we progress with our operations, MTN embraces a win-win ideology that will ultimately stimulate economic development and a vibrant, stable society.