Baker Hughes Incorporated (NYSE: BHI) provides reliable, practical solutions when and where our customers need them to lower costs, reduce risk and improve productivity. From the reservoir to the refinery we create value with high-performance products and services to analyze, drill, evaluate, complete and produce oil and gas reserves and then transport and refine the hydrocarbons.
For over a century, innovation has been part of our DNA. Baker Hughes was formed in 1986 with the merger of Baker International and Hughes Tool Company—both founded over 100 years ago when R.C. Baker and Howard Hughes conceived ground-breaking inventions that revolutionized the fledgling petroleum era. Since those earliest advancements, we’ve never stopped searching for solutions to conquer the next frontier.
Collaboration is at the heart of our business. With more than 58,000 employees in more than 80 countries, our local geomarket teams work side by side with customers to engineer reliable, practical solutions—whether the application is deep water, unconventional hydrocarbons or production and water management.
Our nine regional and 23 geomarket management teams work to understand customer needs and coordinate delivery of reliable, practical solutions that include the right Baker Hughes technologies for the project. The Baker Hughes regions are: U.S. Land, Gulf of Mexico, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Russia Caspian, Middle East and Asia Pacific.
Employment status: Full time regular
Reports to: Nigeria Operations Manager
- Provide petroleum engineering input to multi-disciplinary projects including field development planning, reservoir and well performance evaluation, production forecast and optimization, well placement, well design, decision and risk analysis.
- Advise clients on petroleum engineering matters and manages integrated projects.
- May be required to create overall plans, which are optimized to the needs of the client. Will be required to assess tenders, prepare bids and proposals.
- Manage smaller projects, with particular focus on Integrated Activities in collaboration with Baker Hughes Nigeria Geomarket, this implies working closely with the Product Lines and maintaining frequent contact with the client, ensuring adherence to timescales and budgets.
- Apply sound business judgment in several areas, such as the use of technology, economic evaluations, strategic thinking and contractual work to help client with complex projects.
- Develop an extensive industry network from which new Integrated Solutions business for GCA can be realized.
- Serve as an advisor to the staff and management on Petroleum Engineering matters.
- Mentor and develop talent, actively participate in recruiting new talents.
- Increase Baker Hughes profile amongst clients and drive introduction of new technology. Present GCA capabilities at senior levels within the client organization and within Baker Hughes.
- May be required to provide peer review of deliverables to clients.
- Present data, interpretations and reports to clients either individually or as part of the larger project team. This requires excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Handling special projects, as assigned by the Operations Manager/GCA Nigeria Manager.
Desired Skills & Experience
Essential Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be able to understand & anticipate customer needs in the subsurface area and be a key player in developing internal (across Baker Hughes Group companies) & external relationships. Must have ability to convert such relationships into new revenues (business development).
- Should be able to manage plans to cover technical, operational and financial elements of the projects with assessments of associated risks on behalf of the Client if required.
- Must be able to use the right information and/or systems and/or technology, and be able to identify and implement improvements as appropriate.
- Demonstrate highly developed computer skills and competence in using MS Excel, Word & Powerpoint. Must be skilled in modern Engineering softwares.
- Experience of consultancy work and delivery of premium advisory services is an advantage.
- Understanding of the commercial aspects of the upstream industry is an advantage.
- Fully conversant with capabilities in other disciplines (e.g. Reservoir Engineering, Drilling, Surface facility engineering).
- Experience in economic modeling and commercial analysis is ideal.
- Some limited travel should be expected.
- Ability to mentor and develop junior members and graduate trainees is expected Must be able to adhere to Baker Hughes ethical codes.
- Must have a strong client focus with strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication is required. Must be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- It would be a plus to know Baker Hughes overall business.
Preferred Qualifications & Requirements:
- A broad Petroleum Engineering & Production Technology background and upstream skills that can be applied to integrated projects.
- An engineering degree is a must. Advance degrees are desirable.
- Experience in stimulation design (e.g. hydraulic fracturing) and artificial lift evaluation and design is an advantage.
- Experience with leading petroleum engineering applications is essential. Should have experience of presenting data, interpretations, and reports to clients either individually or as part of the larger project team.
- Some experience related to cost/benefit estimates, achievability, practicality, economic impact is desirable.
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience.
- Able to work in Nigeria, familiar with the work culture and environment (the office location is Lagos).