Job Title: Bodyguard
Job No.: 2012-108
Position Grade: FSN- 06
Location: Abuja – Regional Security Office
- Ambassador Protection Detail (APD) Bodyguards are responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for conduct of foreign policy.
- Bodyguards are responsible for protecting Chief of Mission (COM) personnel and official visitors from physical harm and embarrassment.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their
- employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of providing close protection service or protective
- service driving is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading in English is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading in Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa
- or other local dialect is required.
- Candidate must be familiar with Nigerian driving laws, local customs and cultural norms.
- Candidate must have defense driving skills, able to operate non-armored and fully armored vehicles (FAVs).
- Candidate must be able to maintain situational awareness and conduct countersurveillance to enhance post’s off-compound security posture.
N2,288,563 per annum (Starting basic salary) .In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Application closes 3rd January, 2013
Method of application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Application should be submitted to
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
by e-mail to: HRNigeria@state.gov