Standard Chartered PLC is a leading international bank, listed on the London, Hong Kong and Mumbai stock exchanges. It has operated for over 150 years in some of the world’s most dynamic markets and earns more than 90 per cent of its income and profits in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. This geographic focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers has driven the Bank’s growth in recent years.
With 1,700 offices in 70 markets, Standard Chartered offers exciting and challenging international career opportunities for around 85,000 staff. It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity. The Bank’s heritage and values are expressed in its brand promise, Here for good.
Job Title: Correspondent / Project Payments Officer
Job ID: 367260
Job Function: Technology & Operations
Location: Nigeria – SCB
Full/Part Time: Full time
• To independently manage the day to day operations of the disbursement operations in Cash Management operations.
• To manage day to day collections through correspondent bank accounts.
• To assist the Head of Cash Management Operations in driving change initiatives and achieving good service satisfaction scores.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Responsible for processing of all instructions received in CMO in respect of Contract disbursements (WHO, UNODC, UNDP).
• Ensure that all KCS / Group policies are adhered to and complied with.
• Maintain a high productivity level and ensure an error free processing environment.
• Train and encourage team members to actively participate in training.
• To ensure that the unit obtains a satisfactory audit rating.
• Accountable for implementation of the control environment to ensure adherence to all applicable policies, regulations & laws in respect of Money Laundering & Fraud, and to ensure that adequate controls are in place at all times to prevent operational loss to the bank.
• Ensure that all targets as stated in the SLAs are met diligently.
• Timely identification and escalation of all project risks
• Reconciliation of all project funds between Standard Chartered Bank, Partner banks and clients
• Ensure that the Disbursement unit deliver at least 99.97% accuracy on payments.
• Form good working relationships with our internal and external clients (i.e. Front Office, clients, and partner banks). For example, have regular monthly meetings to discuss:
o New disbursements
o Give constructive feedback on issues.
• Receive feedback on how to improve operational support.
• Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: “identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
• Ensure daily review of our accounts with Access Bank, GTB, FBN and PlatinumHabib Bank, checking that these accounts are adequately funded to cover all anticipated transactions
• Responsible for ensuring customer’s accounts are credited based on credits into various accounts held with other banks.
• Ensure balances in correspondent Bank accounts are transferred to SCB’s account with CBN.
Qualifications & Skills
• Good university degree with a minimum of Second Class, Lower Honours in relevant discipline
• A minimum of 2years industry experience.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Good interpersonal and networking skills.
• Ability to manage projects.
• Expedient, efficient and productive.
• Ability to multi task.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Quality Service delivery.
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.