EbonyLife TV, Africa’s First Global Black Entertainment TV Channel will launch on the DSTV Platform in 2013 and broadcast to a territory known as Sub Sahara Africa and other pay TV Platforms worldwide.
The EbonyLife vision is to create Africa’s first flagship entertainment brand, by broadcasting premium quality locally commissioned and internationally licensed programming targeted at:
– The growing middle and upper class audiences within Sub Sahara Africa
– Global Africans – Africans in Diaspora
– Non Africans with business and leisure ties to Africa
Job Title: Head of Channel
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and grow strategically and tactically the new staff of the channel, to include broadcasting professionals across all disciplines required to run a professional broadcasting organization.
- Establish formal structure and personnel definitions in line with industry standards.
- Assess current broadcast operations, transmission, production and post production contracts and vendors and align the organization properly with same.
- Drive advertising revenue across TV and new media platforms by leading sales personnel to optimize advertising agencies and direct client relationships.
- Work to produce drama, sitcom, magazine, music, talk and other entertainment genre programming for domestic and international markets that seek relevant Pan African content in English as well as advertisers seeking this desirable demographic.
- Set realistic strategic and tactical goals for execution that can be brought to fruition in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Set budgets and oversee financial reporting to senior management.
- Represent the broadcast organization to industry and external interests.
- Assure that programming and content is produced, co-produced, acquired and scheduled effectively and to the highest standards.
- Manage an upbeat and rewarding broadcast corporate culture that attracts and retains skilled broadcasting professionals.
Remain sensitive to social, economic and political issues relevant to Africa as a continent.
Serve a diverse global African community seeking uplifting and entertaining content that is well produced, showcases Africa at its best across multiple media platforms.
Desired Skills & Experience
- The ability to work full-time in Calabar in Nigeria, one of the most peaceful and hospitable cities in Nigeria.
- 10-15 years of broadcast leadership experience as a Head of Channel.
- Experience building broadcast organizations.
- Strong business, technical and creative acumen required to direct and mentor staff.
- A proven record of success with monetization; both front and back office.
- Strong financial controls and reporting experience.
- A sincere interest showcasing the best of Africa.
- Sensitivity to varied cultures on the continent.
- International broadcasting experience desired but not required.