The Guinness Nigeria Treasury function carries out a full range of Treasury activities, including funding, investment of funds, FX and interest rate risk management, cash management, risk financing and corporate finance. In addition, Treasury is an advisor for wider business decision-making. The team seeks to add value to the Guinness Nigeria through the design and implementation of appropriate policies, procedures controls, the reduction of volatility, and within policy guidelines, the minimization of funding and other related costs.
Job Title: Treasurer
Type of Job: Full Time – Exempt
Reports To: Financial Controller
Support the company to achieve its financial objectives through controllable cash target, working capital management, optimization of capital structure and maximisation of return on investment
b. Market Complexity
The role holder will ensure that the functional/ business agendas in the market are closely aligned. Role has a strong interaction with the Central Treasury team in Budapest and has overall accountability for about 23 banking relationships.
c. Leadership and Functional Responsibilities
Role holder leads a team of full time employees and provides leadership on all treasury matters. The role has relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Banks, finance institutions and government authorities
· Ensure optimum and adequate funding of business operations at minimal costs
· Ensure optimisation of capital structure
· Ensure the delivery of timely and accurate reports including internal forecast updates, group reporting requirements and annual budgeting exercises.
· Establish and train best in class cash and working capital forecasting capabilities
· Manage assets, earnings and liabilities in a cost effective manner
· Ensure harmonisation of Treasury operations with Diageo’s Treasury Policy
· Build and manage relationship with banking partners in a mutually beneficial manner.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
· Graduate calibre, higher educational qualifications (e.g. MBA/M.Sc.) would be an added advantage
· Relevant professional qualification is essential (ACCA/CPA/ACA/CFA)
· Minimum of 10 years relevant post graduation experience in a mid/big sized multinational
· Strong treasury experience in a mid – big sized multinational
· Good project management skills
· Good problem solving and decision making ability
· Strategic thinking and excellent analytical
· Good interpersonal and leadership skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Detail oriented, integrity and self-motivated individual
Barriers to Success in Role
· Lack of deep treasury experience/capabilities
· Lack of accounting knowledge
· Inability to move between strategy and operations
· Lagos based with some travel within and outside the country