Transocean, the world’s largest offshore drilling contractor, provides the most versatile fleet of mobile offshore drilling units to help clients find and develop oil and natural gas reserves. Building on more than 50 years of experience with the highest specification rigs, our approximately 18,000 employees are focused on safety and premier offshore drilling performance.
- Assist the Driller in operating drilling and mud circulating equipment as instructed in the well program and in accordance to Company policies and procedures.
- Actively promote Transocean Core Values
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operations/ Maintenance
- Perform the drilling department’s daily checklists, i.e. QHSE checks, mast/Derrick inspection, choke and kill manifold set up, etc.
- Maintain accurate records of tubular and tool dimensions (i.e. internal and external diameter, fish neck, and serial numbers)
- Calculate ton-miles on drilling line; maintain an accurate logbook and advise the Driller on the need to slip and cut
- Maintain an organized drilling equipment store and tubular and subs inventory
- Maintain proper communication with the Driller, Toolpusher, and other department heads
- Read and interpret various gauges and meters relating to the drilling operations; assist the Driller in maintaining records and logs
- Actively participate in pre-tour meeting with the drilling crew for all drilling operations
- Assist and relieve the Driller at the Driller’s console during drilling operations
- Assist with the preparation of equipment for impending drilling operations
- Organize and supervise the drilling crews for all operations
- Assist the Driller during an emergency or well control situation; assist in the well killing operations
- Assist in supervision of Preventive Maintenance carried out on drilling equipment
- Assist in supervision of repairs on drilling and associated equipment
- Assist in running and cementing casing strings, running and retrieving BOPs and risers, and other operations as directed by the Driller or Toolpusher
- Monitor mud systems and supervise solids control equipment and mud mixing operation
- Assist in the planning, organization and execution of rig move operations
- Operate drilling and associated equipment as directed by the Driller, i.e. Top Drive System, mud pumps, BOP and Diverter controls, etc.
- Know the clients’ rules and Company procedures for well control and blowout prevention
- Incorporate the THINK process into all tasks, whether working alone or as part of a team
- Participate daily in START process
- Ensure subordinate personnel are properly trained in the START process
- Call a Time Out for Safety (TOFS) whenever an unplanned hazard or a change in the expected results is observed
- Ensure all relevant safety procedures and practices are adhered to during drilling operations, in accordance to the Company HS manual
- Report any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situations to the Driller or Toolpusher
- Actively participate in weekly safety meetings and pre-tour meetings as required, FOCUS Improvement Process, and all other Company safety management systems
- Assist in conducting drilling operations safety drills as and when required
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s safety policies through leadership and guidance
- Ensure that a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping is maintained onboard the rig
- Meet the training requirements according to the applicable training matrix.
- Participate in the annual performance appraisal process
- Mentor, coach, develop and train crew members to ensure that they are competent to work at their next job level
- Provide leadership and motivation to rig personnel. Apply continuous improvement process
- Assist in training to ensure that all personnel are competent to perform their allocated jobs
- Promote and maintain a good working relationship with other departments, third-party personnel and Customer Representatives.
Desired Skills & Experience
• University degree or equivalent.
• Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
• Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit.
• Basic computer skills.
• Valid Well Control certificate.
• Prior experience working as an Assistant Driller on a Semi / Drillship.