Transocean, the world’s largest offshore drilling contractor, provides the most versatile fleet of mobile offshore drilling units to help clients find and develop oil and natural gas reserves. Building on more than 50 years of experience with the highest specification rigs, our approximately 18,000 employees are focused on safety and premier offshore drilling performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate drilling equipment as instructed in the well program and Standing Instructions to Driller (SID) in a manner that complies with Company policies and procedures.
- Operate all equipment at the Driller’s console in a safe manner; maintain a clean, tidy and hazard- free condition on the drill floor and associated area
- Monitor the well condition at all times (i.e. depth, mud weight, weight on bit.)
- Recognize, interpret and respond to down hole conditions
- Perform drilling- related operations such as directional drilling, working stuck pipe, running and cementing casing strings, coring, fishing, and assisting in wireline logging, well testing, and other special operations.
- Supervise and direct operations in the picking up or laying down of tubular and all drilling-related equipment
- Maintain accurate record of tubular and tool dimensions (i.e. internal and external diameter, fish neck, and serial numbers) Ensure that the solid control equipment and mud mixing operations are being monitored constantly
- Inform Toolpusher/Senior Toolpusher and Client Representative if a deviation from planned operation occurs
- Keep accurate records of fluid displacement when tubulars are run in/pulled out of well.
- Complete the IADC daily drilling report (GMS) at the end of each tour
- Hold pre-tour meeting with the drilling crew for all drilling operations.
- Secure the well during an emergency or well control situation; assist in the well-killing operations.
- Supervise the lubrication and maintenance of all drilling and associated equipment and ensure it is carried out in accordance with the Preventive Maintenance System (RMS).
- Maintain equipment files, drilling logs and records; perform all technical calculations required to carry out drilling operations Assist during the running and retrieving of marine risers and BOP stack
- Assist in the planning, organization and supervision of rig move operations
Desired Skills & Experience
- University degree or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum of 2 years offshore experience as a Driller (Semi or Drillship prefered)
- Successful completion of the at least one D-CAP Assessment (Onshore or Offshore)
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Valid well control supervisor certificate
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit
- Basic computer skills