British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Job number: 649BR
Job title: Fibex Technican (PMD)
Appointment type: Permanent
Job purpose and key deliverables
- To operate the Fibex plant efficiently and carry out maintenance activities as at when due delivering on set targets on time and in full.
- The job holder must be able to operate the Fibex machine efficiently to deliver on the production targets
- He should be able to ensure the quality targets of the final product are within the acceptable tolerances
- He shall ensure 100% conformance to Environmental Health and Safefy practices and 5S guidelines in line with BAT standard
- He should work in a way to drive initiatives on consumables and other spares’ cost savings.
- He should be able to carry out repairs and maintenance of the section without introduction of potential risks to the smooth running of the plant both short and long terms.
- The job holder is also expected to actively participate in the unplanned and planned maintenance activities of the plant and other sections of PMD in line with the business needs.
- Possession of Technical certificate or OND.
- Sound technical knowledge with a minimum of 3 years experience in an FMCG manufacturing company.
- Basic computer knowledge is essential
- Ability to drive forklift will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date: 15-Mar-2013