Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. Ericsson is advancing its vision of being the “prime driver in an all-communicating world” through innovation, technology, and sustainable business solutions.
We now stand on the brink of fundamental innovation opportunities across industries, public services and in private life. We are moving from the information society to the Networked Society, where the primary concern is not having access to information, but what benefit you get out of it.
Job Title: HR Business Partner – Managed Services – RSSA
Ericsson is looking for a strategic HR Business Partner to be the HR leader of the Managed Services organization. The HR BP Managed Services will support the RSSA Head of MS with existing MS operations and also support with Due Diligence on new MS opportunities. Main customers with be the RSSA Head MS and central team, MSCOOs and country management teams for Airtel.
You will be required to translate business objectives into a set of strategic HR initiatives and actions, which fully align with the company’s Group People Strategy and contribute to business growth, profitability and high levels of employee engagement. This will be accomplished through close partnership with the unit’s leadership team, developing a deep understanding of the business, and its strategic objectives, and by leveraging the full breadth of the Global HR function. In addition, you will be expected to provide functional leadership & expertise to your business on the company’s global HR processes, programs and policies. You will also be accountable to influence the global HR function leading to more effective business solutions.
The role is based in Dakar, Lagos or Accra reporting to the Head of HR RSSA.
• Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
• Develop the Workforce Strategy in support of the Business Strategy and support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements
• Describe the key competencies needed to support the business and ensure the appropriate training and development is available to meet the business needs
• Facilitate long-term initiatives aligned with the business strategic agenda
• Provide expert advice and coaching to senior leaders and managers when appropriate
• Understand employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns
• Identify and drive the communication and sharing of best practices across the regions to facilitate continuous improvement
• Act as a liaison between the line and HR to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs
• Identify new opportunities where HR can add value to the business
• Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends
• Ensure that a strong leadership and coaching culture permeates the organization
• Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR management, or related field
• Graduate degree preferred
• 10 – 12 years’ experience in Human Resources
• Substantial business acumen
• Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between HR and business strategy
• Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy
• Ability to identify new ways for HR to support the business strategy
• Ability to develop and deliver relevant, effective training programs to targeted audiences
• Ability to engage, inspires, and influence people
• Effective team player
• Strong ability to lead global teams on a virtual basis and drive influence in a matrixed organization
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
• Significant knowledge of HR policies and processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Application Deadline: Mar 13, 2013, 11:59:59 PM