Intel – Legal and Corporate Affairs offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; legislative and regulatory lobbying; and corporate compliance.
Corporate Affairs Group (CAG) mission is to enhance Intel’s business and reputation by driving strategic agendas that effect positive change and create value for Intel. CAG focuses on long-term success in three main strategic areas: First and foremost, CAG acts to enable Intel’s business by creating a positive business environment and partnering with other ecosystem players to help identify new market opportunities. Second, CAG works to protect and build Intel’s reputation; Intel is recognized as a global leader in technology, business, and corporate responsibility and CAGs role is to ensure communities value Intel’s presence and CAG is viewed as a trusted partner. Third, CAG serves as a catalyst to address global challenges in areas such as education and technology access. CAG identifies opportunities for Intel technologies and solutions to connect and enrich peoples’ lives-which, in turn, enhances Intel’s reputation, builds the ecosystem, and enables future business.
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Manager – Africa – 705369
Must be an exceptional people manager who can develop their staff and team locally and globally. Responsible for developing and managing corporate affairs strategies and programs that promote a positive business environment and reputation for the company. Establishes a long term vision and develops/drives strategic plans for their organization that comprehensively address trends, issues, and the needs of all stakeholders. Develops and delivers strategic plans for the site/regional CAG organization incorporating its core programs of government affairs, education and entrepreneurship programs, community relations, and communications/media. Drives proactive plans to manage complex public relations issues by identifying emerging issues that potentially have impact on Intel’s brand and reputation. Establishes and maintains strategic and collaborative relationships with external partners, development agencies, NGOs, academia, regulators and opinion leaders through a solid grasp of internal and community priorities. Builds a comprehensive network of internal and external contacts – decision-makers, industry influencers, policy makers to drive awareness of relevant Intel programs and policies. Represents CAG organization before key internal and external partners and audiences, positioning Intel as a thought leader.
You should possess a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer, Electrical or Industrial Engineering or Business Administration, and more than eight years (or equivalent) of related work experience or a Master’s degree and more than six years (or equivalent) related work experience. Working knowledge of the local external environment is preferred. Additional qualifications include:
– Strong academic record.
– People management experience of minimum 3 years.
– Direct experience of minimum 3 years working within national politics, government, think tanks, public interest groups or the field of corporate public policy preferably with direct knowledge of the dynamics of ICT industry and the key issues impacting the adoption of ICT.
– A broad understanding of key issues and controversies, regulatory constraints in Africa; must be able to understand technology solutions and usage models and demonstrate value to customers.
– A strategic and nuanced thinker, ability to integrate complex information from multiple sources and drive ground-breaking solutions to issues.
– Ability to identify critical stakeholders and build responsible external relationships through a solid grasp of internal and community priorities.
– Ability to determine the appropriate response to emerging issues with potential impact to the company’s business.
– A risk-taker, seasoned in conflict resolution negotiation, crisis management and able to coach senior management.
– Independent, self-motivated, strong results and customer orientation but also team player who has the experience to manage and work effectively on diverse teams in both direct and matrix reporting environments.
– Excellent communication, public speaking and presentation skills, influencing skills specifically with government authorities, as well as the ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand.
– Fluency in English is a prerequisite, French will be desirable.
Job Category: Public Affairs
Primary Location: South Africa-South Africa, Woodmead
Other Locations: Nigeria-Nigeria, Lagos, Kenya-Kenya, Nairobi
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Posting Date: Feb 19, 2013
Apply Before: Apr 30, 2013