Lagos Assures Residents Of Safety From Terrorist Attacks

lagos-state-logo3

A bomb blast that killed one person at Festac and several other related threats has put some residents of Lagos in fear. In view of this, the Lagos State Government on Saturday urged residents of the state to ignore reported threats by some groups to attack the state.

According to the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Lateef Ibirogba, and the Commissioner for the Environment, Mr. Tunji Bello, the government had put measures in place to ensure safety of lives and property.

The commissioners said this while leading a team of workers and security personnel to comb black spots and spaces under bridges in Surulere local government, adding that security agencies in the state had been working on intelligence reports.

“I will say categorically that Lagos is safe, Lagosians should not entertain any fear. We have done all we are supposed to do to ensure that we live safely. Lagosians should go about their normal duties without entertaining any fear.

“The idea of Boko Haram coming to attack Lagos is nothing to scare anybody. This is a proactive government and Lagosians have confidence in their government.

“Lagos is home to everybody and I don’t think anybody in the right frame of mind will want to extend act of terrorism or violence to Lagos,” Ibirogba said.

Also speaking, Bello said the government had sent the transporters under the bridge in Ojuelegba packing, in order to clean up the place and get rid of unscrupulous elements hiding under the bridge to cause havoc.

According to him, the Kick Against Indiscipline (KAI) would henceforth occupy the motor park and ensure that those polluting the place does not return.

1 COMMENT