MasterCard is a global payments and technology company. It operates the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 211 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.
Job Title: Business Leader – Prepaid Product Management & Sales, SSA
Requisition Number: 9462BR
Budget Business Unit: Global Products and Solutions
Job Description (please add additional skills, if necessary)
The Business Leader, Prepaid Product Management & Sales – SSA would be responsible for prepaid product segment development and management, of a defined portfolio of Prepaid products, specifically in Sub Saharan Africa. Sub Saharan Africa
The Business Leader, Prepaid Product Management & Sales – Sub Saharan Africa, would be tasked with assignments that support local alignment of product development, product management, product sales and implementation activities with a customer-focused strategy. The individual will assist in supporting business development with our Customer Banks, Processing partners, Non Bank financial institutions, Travel Service providers and Corporates, in Africa.
The Business Leader, Prepaid Product Management – Sub Saharan Africa, will work closely with local Product Sales, Customer Account Management and country management to assure that customer planning considers the full revenue potential of Prepaid products and programs. The individual will be responsible to management and oversight of the Sub Saharan Africa Prepaid product plan in conjunction with Product Delivery and business development staff.
• Lead responsibility for Sub Saharan Africa, for developing products and executing sales strategies which maximize revenue and profit of Prepaid products.
• Identification of product and service features and benefits required for the domestic market and gaps in MasterCard’s Prepaid product offerings, identification key product vertical opportunities.
• Ongoing oversight, execution and refinement of the prepaid strategy as it relates particularly to the Africa market
• Support new business opportunities with new issuing banks, other non-bank financial institutions, Corporate and Government entities and expansion of new business development with existing issuing banks, prepaid partners, processors and program managers.
• Lead responsibility for development and expansion of prepaid sales with Third Party Program Manager, Processors, Non-Bank financial institutions
• Ongoing management of the MasterCard Preferred Processor Partnership program as it relates to Sub Saharan Africa , including relationship management, information exchange on business development opportunities, domestic and international market intelligence and accountability to service delivery excellence by the MasterCard Prepaid partners to MasterCard customers within Sub Saharan Africa
• Identification of key business partners, development of engagement strategies and collaboration with the sales team to assess the appropriate engagement strategy
• Liaison with Global Prepaid Product Management in Purchase and Regional GP&S staff on policy definition, change requirements, waiver requests and strategy development
• Liaison with Franchise Development in Singapore and Purchase on Prepaid program rules and policy requests, BIN management, Product Code management
• Support Sales function where required with product management assistance, best practice case studies, product definition and assistance with deck preparation
• Revenue performance of assigned segments of a defined Prepaid product portfolio, with goals cross-tied to customer plans
• Monitoring and reporting to region Regional GP&S Product Management on competitive products and industry trends
• Supporting the development of strategic business plans for Prepaid products, including rigorous analysis of revenue opportunities and related costs
• Development of all collateral required to develop, launch and support a program, including sales tools, reference guides, research analysis and business case development
• Collaboration with Consumer and Customer Marketing colleagues to support the launch of assigned Prepaid products
• Commissioning and oversight of research to evaluate the business opportunities for new product development and the creation of executable evaluations of the research findings
Key Skills & Experience
• Tertiary qualifications with a management degree and 10-12 years of progressive business experience, with a strong track record in the payments industry and exposure to the Prepaid Cards business
• Demonstrated Product development and Product Management skills related to Payment products
• Deep knowledge and understanding of Prepaid products and Solutions, preferable
• Strong relationship management skills – experience of managing multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment, across multiple geographic locations.
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to execute through others who do not report directly.
• Strong project management skills – extensive experience and a proven track record of managing simultaneous initiatives, solving problems and applying effective planning skills to deliver multiple initiatives with external and internal clients.
• Strong analytical skills – ability to identify issues before they develop into problems and to proactively resolve issues directly or through escalation to appropriate partners/stakeholders.
• Strong team working skills – ability to work collaboratively and both independently and in a team environment.
• Leadership experience in product management and/or development
• Understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends
• Ability to keep abreast of the external forces which affect issuing prepaid program entities, and to assess the impact of these on