Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 57,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes’ technology centers in the world’s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals.
Job Title: GCA Lagos Operations Manager
Expatriate (International Assignee)
About This Job
GCA Lagos Operations Manager
As a leader in the energy consulting sector, GCA offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. GCA is an international advisory firm focused on providing integrated technical and managerial services to all sectors of the oil and gas industry.
For over 50 years GCA has provided both broad-based and detailed advice resulting in solutions-orientated, commercially viable and practical results designed to meet our client’s specific requirements. In addition to reservoir engineering, GCA advises a wide group of clients in exploration, reservoir evaluation, field development, drilling and production, pipeline, refining and LNG projects throughout the world. The focus of this office is on Collaboration projects with Baker Hughes Nigeria Geomarket. The aim is to provide Integrated Services to local players, Indigenous Companies (IC’s) and small IOC’s.
Given the start-up nature of this office, and the evolving needs of GCA and the greater Baker Hughes, the prime requirement for the job is to be strategically aware and flexible to address priorities as they crystallize and become defined.
GCA Regional Collaboration Manager
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
1. Set up a new GCA Collaboration office in Lagos:
· The assignment is to establish a permanent GCA Collaboration presence in Lagos, Nigeria focused on providing “Integrated Solutions” to BHI clients in Nigeria. Integrated Solutions are when GCA’s subsurface and commercial experience is combined with BHI Geomarket’ products and services to offer a “one stop shop” to our clients. Thus, the Ops Manager needs to focus on defining the ‘appraisal/development/rejuvenation’ concepts and is responsible for delivering the proposals for Integrated Solutions to clients in Nigeria
· Focus on business development, getting new Integrated Solutions projects alongside Baker Hughes Geomarket, respond to tenders and create proposals
· Recruit, mentor, train and build an effective GCA team in Lagos
· Manage the overall office, budget and project expenditures
· Ensure that all the team members adhere to Baker Hughes ethical codes. Ensure that a safe working environment is provided for GCA personnel
2. Liaise with Nigeria Geomarket and manage the relationship with Baker Hughes product lines:
· Given the start-up nature of this office, and the evolving needs of GCA and the Geomarket/Region, the prime requirement for the job is to be strategically aware and flexible to address priorities as they crystallize and are defined
· Work closely with the Geomarket to set business objectives and targets for the GCA team and ensure alignment with the Geomarket’s objectives
3. Manage the relations with the wider oil and gas industry in Lagos, with emphasis on Indigenous Companies and small IOCs. Increase face to face client meetings and co-ordinate high quality engagements with clients. If required, mobilize other contributors from GCA and Baker Hughes Product Lines to improve the discussions and presentations. Support the overall GCA business in Nigeria, which may include supporting the advisory activities
Essential Qualifications / Requirements:
· A proven track record in the upstream oil and gas industry, with noteworthy exposure to the Nigerian upstream industry is required
· First degree in Engineering or Geosciences as well as a relevant Master’s degree is required.
· Experience in development, production and rejuvenations/EOR operations is desired. Exposure to exploration and appraisal projects is an additional bonus.
· Be entrepreneurial with a track record of attracting and increasing business (business development is the key focus of this office).
· Prior experience of working for Operating Companies is a must, ideally in Nigeria. Experience as a consultant or work experience in a Service Company on top of this is a plus
· Willingness to be based in Nigeria. Familiarity with the work culture and environment in Nigeria is a plus
· Knowledge of contract management and the tendering process is a requirement
· Proven experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management is required
· A proven track record in managing integrated teams alongside professionals from other disciplines with a solid understanding of other discipline functions is needed
· Reservoir and production management experience in onshore fields is a must. Experience of offshore operations is a plus
· Familiarity with project Economic Analysis as well as exposure to commercial aspects of the upstream industry is desired
· Prior experience of managing a remote office as well as P&L responsibilities is a plus.
· Ability to recruit a team and to mentor junior members is expected