Respect seems to be an issue for men in most relationships. We will try to straighten it out here. Read on.
Respect is one of the basic human values. As it applies to people, is defined as an attitude of admiration or esteem for a person. This feeling is generally a result of a person’s achievements. While all people deserve respect, not many of them receive it.
Everyone wants to be respected by others but not all of them get it. It’s important to first define who a respectable person is before giving respect to them.
First of all you have to keep in mind that in order to demand respect, you will have to treat others with equal amount of respect.
‘Respect’ is just a word, but what it means and what it distinguishes for us can make all the difference in how we observe ourselves and others — as well as how we relate to future possibilities and choices.
Many successful relationships have been built around different political or religious believes, but it all boils down to respect. They are based on the belief that both partners are equal, that the power and control in the relationship are equally shared. In a relationship, respect means listening each other, valuing each other’s opinions, and also understanding the other person’s emotions.
If you want to be respected by your girlfriend, here are some helpful tips which may use.
1. First of all it is very important to have self respect. Treat yourself with respect. If she sees that you don’t have any respect for yourself she might consider that she doesn’t have to show you either, because it is not important to you after all.
2. What you give is what you get. Show respect if you want to be respected. Everyone wants to be admired and appreciated. If you show your girlfriend that she is important to you, you’ll be easily in her good graces. Be attentive, give compliments, and make her feel comfortable with you and content. Simply admire the person you are with and listen carefully when she talks. So, she’ll love to spend time with you.
3. Relax. Some women think men are mediocre because they have a boring personality. So, when you have a date with her relax and have fun so she will feel great with you, because if she finds you boring you may get dumped. If you make her feel good she will respect you for the funny guy you are, being the person who can make her smile even when she is very sad.
4. Don’t lie. We all now that women don’t like to be lied to. If she catches you with a lie she will definitely not have any more respect for you. But, if she sees that you are sincere to her all the time, she will be proud of you and will show more and more respect for you.
5. Be confident and polite. Look into her eyes when she talks to you and make her feel that you are a person who can trust in. Show her that she can talk with you about any subject or problem she has and can count on your help. Don’t forget
to be polite, this will bring a reciprocal respect.
Guys demand respect and deserve it also. When you are in a relationship you must be treated with respect, which means your girlfriend must act like this:
– lets you feel comfortable being yourself
– is able to admit when she is wrong
– is willing to compromise
– respects your opinions, feelings and friends
– tries to resolve conflicts by talking honesty
– accepts when you’re saying no at things you don’t want to do
So, take a deep look at your relationship and watch out if your girlfriend is making all this things for you. If not, try these tips. She should come around.
Above all, Love one another.
Source: The Writers’ Creed http://goo.gl/J9SiL
[more tips coming your way]