In the area of capacity building and the development of our growing generation, Odu’a Investment Company Limited, in the last two years, has offered N47m lifeline to about 400 indigent but brilliant students of owner-states studing in the tertiary institutions across the country.
N20million was shared among the five Odu’a states at N4million per state in 2008 while in 2009, N27million was offered by the company to the shareholders states. The amount covered school fees and other bills.
Each beneficiary received N100,000 per session, which would be sustained till they graduate, provided they maintain a second class upper division grade throughout the period of their study.
To enjoy the programme, students must maintain high moral standards (omoluabi) that was regarded as a great virtue among the Yoruba people. Odu’a was involved in this project because of its belief in the development of human capital, which is the hallmark of nations aspiring for greatness.
In promoting speaking/writing of Yoruba, our indigeneous language, among our secondary school students, the Yoruba Centre of Excellence organised a Yoruba essay competition among some senior secondary school students in Odu’a states. Ten students represented each of the ODU’A states of Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti to participate in the essay competition.
To promote the use of Yoruba language and develop students’ interest in the subject.
To inculate in our students the need to cherish our mother tongue and
To improve the performance of students in Yoruba language.
ODU’A Investment Scholarship Awards 2013
- Applicants must be an indigene of any of the following Odu’a states: Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Ekiti.
- Applicants must be in their second year or above and must have a good record of conduct (OMOLUABI) in the University. Candidate found to be involved in any misconduct, cultism or misdemeanor will have his/her application cancelled.
- Applicants must have a minimum CGPA of second class upper division.
- Applicants must currently be an undergraduate student in a Nigerian Federal or State University and must be studying any of the following courses:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Technology or Engineering Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
- Environmental Sciences
How to Apply
Interested candidates should click the below link:
Only successful candidates would be notified through their email addresses and Phone Numbers for an aptitude/selection test.
Application Deadline: 8th April 2013