Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK’s number one for engineering recruitment.
Job Title: Senior Completions Engineer – Front End Projects
- Responsible for planning the completion design to achieve Best in Class performance and production rate in the projects while maintaining the HSE safe practices, championing Goal Zero and the Life Saving Rules. The projects’ design vary from single zone Cased Hole Frac Pack wells to triple zone Smart Completion.
- Ensure are process safety considerations are fully embedded in the planning and design.
- Ensure adherence to the Global Well Delivery Process (and rDtL methodology) and effectively manage the interface between the various stakeholders.
- Develop and own the completion cost and schedule estimate appropriate to the project phase using company internal, regional and global data for top quartile benchmarks.
- Provide Support to wells input to various project deliverables and control documents- including but not limited to Field Development Plan, Basis for Design, Value Improvement plan, Management of Change, Well Proposals, Environmental Impact Assessment, Risk and Opportunity register, Interface management.
- Champion the company Completion Design Standard to ensure standardization of well concept and interchangeability of equipment across the project.
- Provide support to various technical tenders, develop the technical specification and progress the following specialized tenders from tender initiation to contract award: Intelligent Wells products and services, Expandable Completion products, OCTG Production and Injection Tubing and Sand Exclusion Screens.
- Coach and mentor younger CWI staff in the Well Delivery Process in accordance with the Wells Framework.
Skills & Experience
- At least a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Extensive CWI experience with previous experience in completions
- Demonstrated success in a technical Deep Water Drilling/CWI position is required
- Skill in completion design and programming and the application of DCAF.
- Experience in operations logistics and materials
- Knowledge of the application of QA/QC processes and procedures.
- Skill in floating, deepwater completions and intervention operations.
- High level of HSE commitment and awareness.
- Good working knowledge and experience with the standard suite of well engineering software including:
- Good communication skills are a must in order to fit into a multinational work force.
- Good command of the English language, written as well as verbal.
- Good report writing, communication skills and PC skills
- Strong commercial awareness and appreciation of life cycle costing.
- An ability to work independently with the minimum of supervision.
- Flexible, self-motivated and dynamic personality, capable of performing in a work environment which only provides limited resources.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 95927.