WTS energy – A multi-national EPC company operating in West Africa
Job Title: QC Supervisor
Job description QC Supervisor
- Monitor the implementation of the approved site QC Plan.
- Supervise Inspection personnel to ensure that work is carried out in a proficient and efficient manner.
- Coordinate components and paperwork between inspection disciplines, inspection & NDT. Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) of welds/ Dye Penetrant Inspection (DPI) of welds.
- Monitoring and inspection of fabrications at tack-up stage.
- Monitor manufacturing process in accordance with Works Orders and Inspection Test Plans
- Conduct inspection of activities of construction and testing works at site as required by Inspection Test Plan to verify product conformity and full compliance with engineering drawings, project specifications and project contract documents.
- Ensuring that the inspection and tests are carried out in conformity with the field quality control plan and obtaining the relevant documentation.
- Lead regular (quarterly or bi-annual) Quality reviews with Contractor to review quality improvement efforts, quality issues/ failures, NCR trends etc.
- Review contractor’s QA/QC plans and procedures to verify if they comply with contractual obligations and establish how Contractor ensures adherence with its procedures/ processes approved by it’s management.
- Understanding and ability to select, use and recommend measuring tools, equipment and instruments.
- Generates reports of conditions found during inspection activities, notifies Supplier Quality management and internal customers as requested of significant problems, and completes documentation necessary to attest to satisfactory completion of inspection or test activities.
- Review material certification for project material to ensure it meets project specifications and check that it corresponds to actual material supplied as per The Material Approval Request.
- Review Fabrication Project Statement, Procedures, and Quality Plan to ensure it meets project specifications and project requirements.
- Good reporting skills with the ability to write well-structured and easily understood reports Able to prepare and deliver effectively presentations for information dissemination both internally to management and externally to 3rd parties
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to deal with a broad spectrum of cultural and organisational styles
- Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency and accuracy
Requirements QC Supervisor
- HND/Bsc / Master Degree in Engineering with 8-15 years of experience in Oil and Gas projects with minimum 8 years experience of QA/QC Functions.
- Knowledge of Lifting Equipment, Mechanical, Inspection, Metallurgy, Welding, and Fabrication.
- Recognized qualification in Lifting (eg NSL) and in basic NDT Techniques (ultrasonic; radiography; magnetic particle; dye penetrant inspection)
- Ability to perform Inspection Requirements in a difficult environment.
Terms & Conditions QC Supervisor
National Contract Position