Arsenal Edged Fulham at Craven Cottage to Hang on to Top Four.

Must Read

Shehu Sani Demands Special Protection For Churches In North East

Former lawmaker, Senator Shehu Sani has called on the Federal Government of Nigeria to increase the security...

17-Day-Old Baby Recovers From Coronavirus In China

A 17-day-old baby born to a victim of Coronavirus has recovered from the deadly virus in Wuhan...

Stop Taking ‘Maishayi’ Tea – NAFDAC warns

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has issued a warning against...

2023: Southern Nigeria Wants Restructuring, Not Presidency, Fani-Kayode Replies El-rufai

Former minister of aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, has fired back at Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State by revealing that...

Man Who Welcomed Child At 96, Dies At 104

The world’s oldest dad Ramjeet Ragav, has died. Ragav died in a house fire at 104. The former wrestler and...
Omaku Cephas
Cephas is a Content Strategist who loves to write about travels and sports. He's a proud supporter of local publishers and wants to see them get more creative with genuine content. He's keen on rekindling your passion for anything sports and travels.

Arsenal After the Per Mertesacker's Goal.
Arsenal After the Per Mertesacker’s Goal.

Arsenal edged an overbearing Fulham at Craven Cottage after a first- half goal from Per Mertesacker made all the difference of the day.
It was an uneventfull first 10 minutes that saw very few scoring opportunities as both clubs were gauging the pace of the match, things quickly escalated. In the 12th minute Fulham‘s midfielder Steve Sidwell got his matching order for a dangerous challenge on Mikel Arteta.
Arsenal looked like they’ve taken control of the match from that moment as they kept play in the Cottager’s half. But it was Fulham who had the first golden scoring chance on a quick counterattack. Dimitar Berbatov got off a good strike on the break; however Wojciech Szcesny was up to the task.
The Gunners had their first ultimate chance of the match about 10 minutes into the half- time. Olivier Giroud unleashed a low shot that beat Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer but struck the post.
Few minutes later Szczesny made a save on an Urby Emmanuelson’s effort to keep it scoreless.
Arsenal goal came in the 43rd minute courtesy of Per Mertesacker. A Theo Walcott free kick found Laurent Koscielny, who sent it across goal to Mertesacker and it was headed home. The referee blew the half- time whistle but the Gunners were happy to have gone ahead.
The Gunners came out in the second half and were perfectly pleased to control possession, slowing down the pace in the process. Neither side generated more than a few fleeting moments of pressure until the final 15 minutes.
It appeared Fulham had leveled at one in the 77th minute when Stanislav Manolev slipped a rebound past Szczesny, but the linesman had raised the offside flag to preserve Arsenal’s narrow lead.
The Cottagers pressed forward in search of an equaliser but the Arsenal defense made things difficult for them and they couldn’t break through. Olivier Girould got sent off in the 90th minute and things got more intense.
A couple of corner kicks before an additional four minutes couldn’t hold the Gunners from doing away with a crucial three points; hence keep alive the hopes of a top four finish.

- Advertisement -
Ad ==> Discover how a young Nigerian graduate now makes a consistent 40k per week doing a legitimate online business. You too can start yours now, click here!!!


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -