The Onstream Group is a service oriented company with more of 30 years operating on a worldwide basis, primarily as a niche player in the oil and gas industry. To provide specialists with specific skills, by mediating and recruiting for positions in oil and gas related projects, is our core business. Our focus is on finding the optimum quality/price balance, whilst at the same time meeting the requirements and standards of our clients, and complying with the law.
Job Title: Material & Corrosion Engineer
• Provide specialist expertise, policies, procedures, standards, and technical review capabilities in the area of Materials, Corrosion and Inspection engineering in the Engineering Disciplines.
• Provides specialist expertise in Corrosion Management system from downhole to a point of sale.
• Participate in drive to enhance its asset integrity both from a design, technical as well as an operational point of view for all projects in the pre-start up phase.
• Review and update standards on material selection, chemical inhibition, cathodic protectioncoating and non-metallics.
• Lead and/or Participate in normal projects audits / reviews, and QRAs during concept development, conceptual and detailed design basis. Carry out Corrosion Risk Based Assessments. Also, via participation in VARs, peer assists and technical challenge sessions; ensure consistent application of CONTRACTOR Materials, Corrosion and Inspection engineering standards in projects and in facility changes.
• Participate in CONTRACTOR sponsored Materials, Corrosion and Inspection engineering-related SGSi projects and studies.
• Assist the MCI discipline Lead in dealing with competence development of MCI engineering staff.
• Lead and/or participate in welding, fabrication and non-destructive testing for new oil and gas plants through option evaluation, and QCs on welding, fabrication and non-destructive testing work from design consultants. Thoroughly check consultant and contractor generated designs, specifications and interfaces to ensure compliance to legislation and group code and standards, identify cost effectiveness and innovative technology application.
Desired Skills & Experience
Incumbent must be a graduate in a relevant technical discipline e.g. Material & Metallurgical Engineering, Corrosion Science & Engineering, etc. with working knowledge of a broad range of Materials, Corrosion and Inspection engineering systems, tools and practices. Experience should be 12 – 15 years with good inter-personal and leadership skills. Good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential. Must be registrable with COREN(Council for The Regulation of Engineering In Nigeria). Participation in local and international professional activities and networking is desirable.
The role is with an Oil & Gas Owner Operator.
This role is a resident rotation (option of 8X2 or 10X3) and is location in Nigeria.
Western Expats Only Need Apply