Pacman Plans to Stage his Next Fight outside the United States.

Pacquaio.
Pacquaio.

Maybe Singapore, Macau, or Dubai but not in the US. Manny Pacquaio wants his next fight to be outside of the United States. Rose Tamayo, the spokeswoman to Many Pacquaio said the Fillipino is negotiating a rematch with Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez who knocked him out in December. The venue and opponent has not been finalised, but the fight is likely to take place in September. The spokewoman disclosed last Wednesday.
“The fight is definitely in September. We will talk about the opponent and the place after the May 13 election,” said Tamayo.
Pacquaio, 34, is currently running for re- election as a congressman in next month’s Philippine mid- term elections and he is currently on the campaign trail. He is unopposed for re- election, and both his brother and wife are also running for a political post.
Tamayo said Pacquaio wanted his next fight to be outside the United States, where he has traditionally fought in recent times in front of massive crowds and for enormous pay- per- view television revenues.
Pacman has won an unprecedented eight ‘world’ titles in different weight divisions, and was until recently regarded by many as the best boxer pound- for –pound in the world. His loss to American Timothy Bradley in June last year, in the WBO welterweight division and the recent shock knockout defeat to Juan Marquez has seen that change. Even after the loss, Pacquaio has constantly signaled his intentions to keep fighting amid many calls to retire.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here