John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a US based international public health firm that implements two large supply chain management related projects funded by the US Government through its Integrated Supply Chain Field Office in Abuja Nigeria: the SCMS Project funded by PEPFAR and the USAID /DELIVER Project funded by USAID. The principal purpose of the SCMS Project is to establish and operate a safe, secure, reliable and sustainable supply chain management system to procure pharmaceuticals and other products needed to provide care and treatment for persons with HIV/AIDS and related infections. The purpose of the USAID / DELIVER PROJECT is to increase the availability of essential health supplies, including reproductive health, malaria control, and TB commodities, through procurement services and technical assistance.
JSI is seeking a Receptionist to provide both secretarial and receptionist services, typing, receiving visitors, answering calls, as well as receiving and distributing official mails.
Under the supervision of the Office Administrator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Act as a receptionist: receives all incoming calls in an appropriate, clear and friendly manner. Takes and relays messages/ queries by forwarding to the’ appropriate person(s) or department. Greets and directs office visitors. Receives and distributes a II correspondence and maintains a log of all correspondence.
- Assist the Office Administrator in managing the procurement process, by distributing RFQs to vendors and receiving/collating all quotations and invoices received
- Maintain a clean reception area
- Maintain a neat personal appearance and polite demeanor as prescribed by professional and local standards
- Perform other duties identified and assigned by the supervisor
Essential Personal Qualities
- Relevant work experience, preferably in an international environment
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills with the ability to communicate courteously and effectively.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Skilled with computer word processing (Word, Excel) and spreadsheet applications; willing to learn additional computer skills
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities in an office setting
Minimum Skills and Qualification
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as Secretary/Receptionist
- OND preferred but not mandatory
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to use internet and Microsoft Outlook
- Good interpersonal relationships
- Good command of English
Instructions To Applicants
- This is a full-time position. JSI offers excellent benefits, salary will be commensurate with experience and salary history.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume within one week from the date of this advert with salary expectation boldly written at the top of the resume. All applications should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that you write the position applied for in the subject line of your email, otherwise you will be disqualified.
Multiple applications will also be disqualified.
Application closes 29 April, 2013