Its business objectives are to deliver quality, cost effective wells in accordance with the relevant well proposals, prepared in conjunction with the various customers or asset holders and operates with a delegated budget of approximately $450 million per annum until Q2 2015 based on a single rig operation. By Q3 2015, the rig count is expected to increase to 2 and subsequently increase to 3 by 2016 .
The department is based in Lagos and the offshore operations are serviced and supported from Onne supply base, where most of the contractors are also located.
The base workload is currently 1 rig year per annum with rig-less well intervention capability being developed since 2011. Growing capability in rigless intervention is also critical to realizing the aspirations of the company.
The main office base for SNEPCo is Lagos. Lagos provides a lively cosmopolitan city life, with many cultural and social activities on-hand, organised within a large international community.
Rigless Intervention Engineer provides support to plan and execute the rigless intervention campaign.
The Rigless Intervention Engineer will provide support to deliver the program to achieve the yearly target oil from well restoration using rigless intervention techniques.
Accountabilities: Provide support in planning the rigless intervention programs in cooperation with the Asset while maintaining the HSE safe practices, championing Goal Zero and the Life Saving Rules. The rigless intervention varies from acidization, use of Slickline Intervention Package but also developing the possibility for Open Water Completion using a vessel of opportunity.
Ensure are process safety considerations are fully embedded in the planning and design.
Define the rigless intervention cost and schedule estimate appropriate to the project phase.
Provide Support to rigless input to various project deliverables and the WRFM team including but not limited to rigless well intervention strategies, value improvement plans, Risk and Opportunity register, Interface management.
Provide support to the rigless intervention contracting strategy.
Provide support to the Wells aspiration for Opoen Water Completion using a vessel of opportunity.
Provide support to various technical tenders, develop the technical specification and progress the following specialized tenders from tender initiation to contract award: Slick Line Intervention systems, Open Water Completion Systems, Intervention Vessels.
Coach and mentor younger CWI staff in the Well Delivery Process in accordance with the Wells Framework.
Dimensions: The Bonga projects are amongst the largest Wells projects in the Group’s portfolio.
The rigless well intervention has been in the past a very successful contributor to the over Business Target for oil production.
The Open Water Completion opportunity for Bonga South West and Bonga North is a major step change in the delivery of high production and injection wells.
Special Challenges: The nature and style of P&T-Wells deepwater operations in general means that the work performed is often intense and always high cost and high profile. The incumbent will be expected to possess and harness skills to work effectively in such an environment, sometimes with challenging timelines while maximizing the team’s opportunity to achieve Best in Class performance.
– Experience and Qualifications required Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
– Minimum 8-10 years CWI experience with at least 3 years in completions
Drilling/CWI Round I and Round II
– Demonstrated success in a technical Deep Water Drilling/CWI position is required
– Experience in completion design and programming and the application of DCAF.
– Experience in operations logistics and materials
– Knowledge of the application of QA/QC processes and procedures.
– Experience in floating, deepwater completions and intervention operations.
– High level of HSE commitment and awareness.
– Good communication skills in order to fit into a multinational work force.
– Good command of the English language, written as well as verbal.
– Good report writing, communication skills and PC skills
– Good commercial awareness and appreciation of life cycle costing.
– An ability to work independently with the minimum of supervision.
– Flexible, self-motivated and dynamic personality, capable of performing in a work environment which only provides limited resources.
– Knowledge of completions and work-over programming, design and execution, specifically within the sub-sea operations environment.
Application Deadline: Friday 31 May 2013
Number of Vacancies: 1