Shell companies have been finding and producing oil and gas around the world for over a century. Today, we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 90,000 people.
This is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It is capable of producing an average of over one million barrels of oil equivalent per day. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
This experienced professional will be supporting asset integrity and delivery of projects from the front-end through execution and commissioning towards value maximisation. This role will be responsible for delivering safe,cost/schedule effective and efficient projects,especially the process automation,control & optimisation (PACO) aspects; and will be looked up to as important contributors to ongoing projects realization and strategic cost leadership practices within the Deep water Projects organisation. We therefore need competent Nigerian Engineering professionals with deepwater experience who have spent at least 8 years (post-NYSC) focused on practicing the discipline.
• A B.Sc. degree in Electrical/Electronic/Instrumentation and Control engineering. A minimum of 8 years experience in instrument, control, and automation with at least 5 years in offshore facilities design and operation.
• The candidate should have an interest in the technical evaluation, estimation of cost, design, construction and installation of offshore facilities.
• Broad knowledge of deepwater floating systems design, fabrication, installation, commissioning and operation with depth in FPSO (Floating Production & Storage) systems.
• Knowledge of existing PACO-related standards
• Strong technical background with understanding of Engineering processes and drawings
• HSE commitment and leadership.
• Capability to proactively implement plans and following through execution to meet project milestones
• Coaching, mentoring, and motivating others to be successful.
• High personal energy level; core values enterprise first, leadership and teamwork; and a proven track record in achieving stretching personal and business goals. This post requires a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and possessing the ability to communicate well and interact.
• Ability to work with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team .
• Very good communication skills
• Commitment to making a career in the discipline.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 30 April 2013
Number of Vacancies: 1