SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover (459 M€ in 2012) has doubled in the last four years thanks to the dedication of our 3700 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development.
In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams. We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Nigeria for a:
Development Engineer (F/M)
• Carry out Prospect / preliminary / screening studies of the asset which form the basis for exploration / appraisal decisions
• Acting JV focal point for major development studies carried out by technical entities of the Total Group
• Lead and coordinate Conceptual and Pre-project studies in Nigeria , with the support of entities TEPNG GSR, Drilling and completion, Surface Engineering, Field Operation, HSE (with respect to Conceptual and Pre project study derogations company rule)
• Main ongoing projects follow up: review of scope change notice vs end of pre-project SOR
• Study Portfolio as of Q4 2012 includes
o Etisong / Eben area preliminary and conceptual studies
o Mature fields and debottlenecking
=607; Offshore water production
=607; Max Liquid evacuation and Asset protection against water hammer
=607; Existing HIPS dossiers update
o Future oil projects development
o Gathering network (Oil, gas ) long term plan
o Onshore Oil export securisation
o Future gas field development
• Coordinates development studies between APP TEPNG
• Liaises with Geosciences, Exploitation, Drilling, Projects, Construction,
• Ensure that development studies are carried out in due time in order to launch the projects in a timely manner compatible with the long term plan
You have a master degree in an engineering discipline (preferably in Petroleum Engineering) with at least 15 years of experience in various aspects of oil field operations, some of which should have been acquired in at least in Reservoir Engineering, Operations or Drilling.
You are pro-active in collecting reliable data, efficient in conceptual studies, well organized in reports co-ordination and have aptitudes to deal with Partners and Authorities.
You possess diplomatic skills, listening abilities, and are problem solving regarding complex situations.
Rotation: 6 weeks on / 2 weeks off
Contract duration: 12 months renewable
Starting date: ASAP
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity. This position is suitable for disabled people.
Location Nigeria / Port Harcourt + Site visit
Starting Date ASAP
Duration 12 months renewable
Work Cycle 6×2