BlackBerry is a designer, manufacturer, and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. Through the development of integrated hardware, software and services that support multiple wireless network standards, BlackBerry provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to time-sensitive information including email, phone, short message service (SMS) messaging, Internet and intranet-based applications. BlackBerry technology also enables an array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services with wireless connectivity to data. BlackBerry’s portfolio of products, services and embedded technologies are used by organizations worldwide and include the BlackBerry wireless solution, software development tools, and other software and hardware. BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
job Title: Account Manager, Channel – Nigeria
Account Manager, Channel (Lagos, Nigeria)
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving BlackBerry sales through various channels in the Nigeria market, focusing on the regional HUB of Nigeria. As well as developing the capability of the sales channel the successful applicant will be heavily involved in driving the adoption of BlackBerry by end customers and responsibilities will include account planning and joint selling activities, delivering training to the various sales teams, delivering roadmap presentations and articulating BlackBerry’s corporate messaging to the carrier and retail channels and end customer.
This role reports to the Regional Lead and requires strong working relationship with channel marketing, product management and other teams.
- Managing Carrier Partners capable of performing at the highest standard and complimenting the overall BlackBerry solution strategy.
- Create a structured Channel sales strategy across Retail and Consumer channels.
- Secure internal sponsorship of strategies and activities to ensure a single go to market message and avoid “white noise” within either the customer of the segment as a whole.
- Customer interaction and virtual ownership of the portfolio whilst remaining sensitive to the fact that each carrier will have an inherent interest and involvement in the end customer relationship.
- Lead virtual internal resources available and engage those resources in a timely and effective manner, this will include understanding not only the marketing and pre-sales technical support available but also how the BlackBerry supply chain works in regards to each product area.
- Analysis and understanding of market trends, competitor technology threats and turning those into competitive advantage for BlackBerry across each channel partner.
- Gather key feedback from channel partners and escalating feedback to the most appropriate people and groups.
Note: In addition to these duties and responsibilities employees are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience of managing and planning budgets.
- Multicultural awareness and sensitivity from within a Pan-African and regional organisation,
- Forecasting of sales activities and expected revenue generation.
- Experience of working within virtual matrix teams, being able to navigate efficiently within a large organisation, engage with relevant internal and external stakeholders and coach/mentor resources across a distributed territory.
- Organisational skills
- Presentation skills
- Work well with partners
- Aptitude to understand technology
- Customer facing
- Extensive experience on Channel Sales, Account Management and Partner Management.
- Experience presenting to groups and senior management
- Strong relationship management skills
- Highly organised, self-starter and team player
- Work experience in the telecommunication industry
- Degree or equivalent will be advantageous.