Disclosing this at the end of State Security Council meeting in Jos on Wednesday, Commissioner for Information, Mr. Yiljap Abraham said the remains of one of the victims had been identified and was buried on Wednesday.
Abraham added, “The council condemns the attack on security agencies and we think it is disastrous to the nation if all we have to do is to target security agencies. Council also condoled with families of the victims and urged the civil populace to work with security agents for the sustenance of peace and security in the country.”
The commissioner noted that the council meeting, chaired by the Deputy Governor, Ignatius Longjan, also reviewed the security situation on the Plateau and expressed reprieve that the state was not included among those placed under emergency rule.
The commissioner said, “There are crisis merchants who will want the state included in state of emergency. So residents should remain in the highest state of alert.
“We are trying to sustain the peace we have and the media is critical to this. There are people who are not happy that Plateau is not included and will want such reportage that will tend to inflame tempers in order to justify the need for inclusion of the state in the emergency rule.”