Our Client is one of Nigeria’s leading business conglomerates which has grown substantially over the last 45 years. It’s headquarters are situated in Lagos, the commercial capital of Nigeria, where the group started out in 1966 as a traditional trading outfit. The Group also has extensive operations on China, Hong-Kong and India.
Primary sales responsibility to identify and develop B2B customers in the building materials division. Leading all business development activities and establishing/maintaining relationships at all levels. Perform all necessary sales and marketing activities for both residential and commercial market segments involving core and strategic growth in such a manner as to facilitate sales to end-users.
1. Relationship building activities
- Must be able to network and develop market intelligence for generating leads.
- Responsible for developing strong contacts within the corporate building materials sector (Architects, Interior Designers, Developers, Contractors, etc). Continuously fosters and develops the relationship for on-going sales.
2. Sales activities
- Formulates& implements short & long term Sales & Marketing strategies/plans for the institutional sales product range. Participate in strategic sales and marketing planning and trade planning by analyzing business, product, competitors and market situations.
- Responsible for carrying out the prospect mapping, pipeline mapping, proposals in line with customer requirement, tenders, preparation of reports, cost analysis, negotiations and closure of deal.
- Attend construction/site meetings regularly to understand customer requirement & provide best solutions.
- Achievement of targets as agreed for the institutional sales distribution channels at the annual target setting exercise.
- Interact and maintain relationships with existing customers to enable cross-selling and up-selling activities.
- Has full product knowledge to ensure know-how is demonstrated at initial sales pitch meetings. Provide a sense to the customer that we have expertise in the products we are pitching.
3. Project management activities
- Responsible for project follow up and propose product to architect, Developer, contractors.
- Responsible for project tracking & product development (Building Interior/ Construction/Industrial Products).
4. Market Analysis and Business Planning
- Facilitate upward feedback for the product development process.
- Facilitate upward feedback to develop the sales & marketing supporting tools required to better service the institutional clients.
- Perform SWOT analysis and recommend appropriate strategic decisions to Top management.
- Plan, Organize, Implement and Control all marketing functions such as new product launch plan, set up pricing according to price structure, develop and implement trade and institutional promotions.
5. Supplier Management and Buy side activities
- Liase with all international suppliers. Communicate and manage all supplier relationships for the institutional building material product range.
- Formulate our buy side strategy ensuring all negotiation, operational issues and follow ups take place.
- Understand what is needed in order to procure and ensure purchasing activities take place in order to service the sales and project activities in a timely manner.
- Understand specific product intricacies prior to purchasing and marketing the products. Understand what makes the product marketable and viable in the market place compared to alternatives in the market.
- Outside of our existing supplier base, identify alternative sources of supply, which would be more successful and viable. These should be identified and represented exclusively in the market.
Deliverables for success:
Successful candidate must demonstrate the following successes:
- Pipeline Management – must develop a strong sales pipeline which is managed regularly and effectively. Builds a pipeline with reasonable timelines and is able to continually manage it and follow through with individual prospects, delivering successful sales.
- Deal Management – Closes deals as per pipeline and forecast sales as per agreed time commitments. Able to measure success against competition and where forecast deals are unsuccessful, is able to understand and gain market information as to why a deal is lost.
- Satisfied suppliers – Once a supplier is identified and relationships have been established, the supplier must be satisfied of our performance with their products in terms of penetration and sales. Customers must be referenceable in terms of the suppliers products and positive feedback/references must be demonstrated.
- 7+ year(s) working experience in Sales & Marketing (Institutional Building Material – Ceiling, roofing, Security doors any others), with a minimum of 3 Years working experience as Managerial/Supervisory role at Nigerian market.
- Local Nigerian as well as expatriates are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Only Candidates with strong B2B background will be considered & shortlisted for interview
- Personal attribute includes Strong leadership, Confident, Self Motivated &Strong Negotiation Skills. In addition, demonstrates maturity, integrity, resourcefulness, self-starter with high level of energy, ability to make calculated decisions. Requires minimum supervision.
- Candidate must possess at least a Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree