We are Intel Sponsors of Tomorrow™, not only through our technical innovation, but through our endless efforts in education, environmental sustainability, healthcare, and much, much more. The range of computing products based on Intel® architecture is expanding beyond PCs and servers to netbooks, handhelds, consumer electronics devices, and more. We are the world’s largest semiconductor chip maker, based on revenue. We also develop platforms, which we define as integrated suites of digital computing technologies that are designed and configured to work together to provide an optimized user computing solution compared to components that are used separately. Our goal is to be the preeminent provider of semiconductor chips and platforms for the worldwide digital economy. Step inside our world and you’ll find one brilliant mind after another working together in a spirit of collaboration that is simply contagious. And through this shared dedication-this culture of innovation and exploration-we do more than deliver the latest technologies. We deliver the future.
This is a 12 month fixed term internship suitable for students currently studying towards a Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant field. The focus of this role is to implement and execute projects and programs in a timely manner and engage all stakeholders in a proactive manner; flawlessly manage customer quality issues to closure, manage customer satisfaction with product quality and technical support.
In this position, you will be working with the team in the delivery of customer support in the area of focus – such as our consumers/1st time buyers program as well engineering support for customers in Nigeria and West Africa (Ghana) region. The customer support consists of both reactive issue resolution and pro-active improvement projects. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
– Supporting customers with Quality and/or Reliability issues or concerns, including information requests.
– Working on several improvement projects, including customer improvement projects as well as internal improvement projects, such as tools development (programming skills would be an advantage).
– Support for our 1country project and liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth program implementation and delivery.
– Assisting with ‘Keeping The Business Running’ and generally assisting the team in program delivery and implementation.
This is a 12 month fixed-term placement suitable for students currently studying a degree course in relevant disciplines, and is targeted at 2nd or 3rd year students enrolled in a 4 years bachelor’s degree which includes a year in industry. Having one or more of the skills below will be a strong advantage:
Marketing and Sales: Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
– Understanding of basic PC architecture
– Ability to build and debug typical PC hardware, install and debug typical PC operating systems including both Microsoft Windows and various distributions of Linux
– Ability to do circuit designs using large scale integration components, familiarity with configuration of complex devices at register level
– Ability to program in assembly language for X86 processors
– Ability to program in either C or C++, detailed knowledge of communication protocols such as TCP/IP
– Ability to debug electronic circuits using typical debug tools such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer etc
– Project management and implementation
– Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies
– Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
– Capable of working unsupervised by prioritizing work and focusing on meeting agreed objectives in required timeframe
– Ability to integrate quickly with existing team so that maximum contribution to team goals can be quickly achieved