- Review organization’s labor policies as required.
- Provide advice to line managers and supervisors on matters pertaining to HR policies, staff disciplinary and grievance procedures and general industrial relations matters to include attendance at formal disciplinary and grievance meeting/hearings as required.
- Advice and support line managers and supervisors as required in the implementation of work practices and/or conditions of employment
- Facilitate change through appropriate negotiation and consultation with staff representatives in conjunction with Head of Human Resources
- Identify breaches in HR processes,
- File complaints and prepare documentation for disciplinary and court cases (collecting evidence, briefing witnesses), and appearing before the relevant committees
- Act as a spokesperson in union and employee negotiations in conjunction with Head, Human Resources,
- Resolve disputes and grievances by providing advise on industrial law
- Carry out periodic reviews of expectations of external stakeholders with respect to labor issues
- Periodically review best practice industrial relation practices in the market and among competition to ensure Siemens is favourably placed
- Facilitate employee counseling sessions and grievance sessions
- Represent Siemens with external labour related bodies e.g. NECA
- Organize hearing sessions
- Maintain records of all industrial and employee relations events and activities
- Monitor and ensure organization’s compliance with government regulations in labor matters
- Analyse KPI/Data for respective area of responsibility
- Derive country related improvement actions
- Implement Risk and Internal Control (RIC) / Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOA) as it relates to HR
- Ensure compliance to local regulations
- Provide content for communication regarding HR matters (aligned with Global messages)
- A first degree, in business, majoring in Human Resources/ Industrial Relations, arts or law degree is essential.
- A postgraduate qualification in human resources or industrial relations is desirable
- 3 – 4 years experience in general Human Resources practice with practical relevant work experience managing industrial relations in a variety of industries