The Mike Adenuga Foundation (MAF) is a private nonprofit Pan African organization with a vision to contribute to a better and more equitable future for Nigerians and other Africans. This we intend to achieve by creating or supporting initiatives that deliver infrastructure, resources, knowledge and skills for impactful socioeconomic development through improvements in education, health and enterprise collaborating with nonprofits including nongovernmental organizations and other public and private institutions working in the specific areas of interests of the foundation.
Our core program interests are in the field of education, health, entrepreneurship, rural development and special opportunity grants. To actualize its objectives, the Foundation desires to recruit highly competent, talented and self-motivated individuals to fill the positions as stated in this publication.
All positions are full time and based in Lagos, Nigeria requiring some measure of travels within and outside Nigeria where the Mike Adenuga Group of Companies undertake commercial activity.
Job Title: Program Directors
1) Health& Education REF: PDH&E,
2) Entrepreneurship REF: PDE,
3) Rural Development REF: PDRD
The Program Director (PD) is a key member of the Mike Adenuga Foundation (MAF) team and shares responsibility for management of the Foundation supported initiatives at regional, governmental and private levels.
These positions report to the Managing Director and assist in the development of strategies and actively manage partnerships at these levels to achieve the desired impact of the Foundation investments. S/he will assist in development and management of monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Leverage knowledge of relevant stakeholder’s structures, working protocols, decision-making processes to identify people who can partner with the foundation to develop & implement programs in the selected sector.
- Responsible for managing internal & external processes to deliver on the Foundations commitments & strategic partnerships with all stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Grants And Contracts Management
- Manage critical partnerships and relationships with grantees to achieve goals targets, for example by conducting site visits, convening meetings of key stakeholders, & by developing and managing monitoring & evaluation components for grants on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with team members to manage internal grant processes, portfolio progress and budget planning/reporting.
- Serve as a partner & resource to grantees to facilitate accomplishment of strategic objectives.
Change Agent Functions
- Actively participate in cross-program and cross-foundation grant making opportunities by developing a deep understanding of the variety & breadth of the foundation’s primary areas of focus globally.
- Seek and actively leverage opportunities to disseminate knowledge, key learnings and products developed in the course of programme implementation.
We are looking for individuals with expertise and direct experience in program management overseeing multiple partners. The ideal candidate will have worked at Privately Funded International or National and State Foundations/Agency and have demonstrated experience in and an appreciation for the complexities of implementing large scale programs in partnerships working with a wide range of stakeholders in Government and Private Sectors.
- 10-15 years of experience in implementing programs at International /Regional/ National/State levels.
- Experience in grant management, review and evaluation and program design is desirable.
- History of involvement and commitment in specialized area.
- A Master’s degree in a related field such as business administration, public administration, public health management; a Bachelor’s degree is required.
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2013
Method of Application
To apply, please quote the corresponding reference number as the subject of your e-mail and e-mail your Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document and saved with your full names, detailing contact telephone numbers, e-mail address and scanned passport photograph) to us at
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.