Established in 1987 Orion Group achieved consistent growth over the ensuing 25 years to become an international leader in providing contract and permanent staff to the Engineering Industry: Oil & Gas, Power & Utilities, Renewables, Aerospace, Rail, Construction, IT & Telecoms, Office & Commerical and Mining.
- Leads business activities and is responsible for implementation, coordination and consistency of business management deliverables on the project, including effective implementation of the Company project management system.
- Provides project monitoring information and metrics to ensure alignment with plans, project controls and Project Objectives & Strategies.
- Responsible for implementation of sound project controls tools, systems, and responsible for quality of the information/data produced.
- Coordinate staffing project controls resources on project.
- Ensures consistent project controls systems and tools are implemented including:
- Cost Control/Forecasting methods for project stewardship
- Scheduling practices
- Progress Measurement
- Management of Change process
- Other applicable processes and tools (ex. PMT Tracking / Forecasting)
- Establish project controls metrics to identify the “health” of the project.
- Ensures verification, identification, and implementation of improvements to project controls processes in contractors organizations (engineering and construction)
- Ensure implementation of standard processes for estimate development
- Coordinate estimating support
- Coordinate external estimate review processes.
- Coordinate monthly project reports, and management reports.
- Coordinate development of annual Planning & Budgeting process and IPT inputs for Project.
- Ensure implementation of standardized project close out reports and project reappraisal
- Coordinate development of overall Procurement/Contracting Strategy
- Ensure contract administration roles and responsibilities are defined, and processes implemented
- Ensures appropriate close out of purchase orders and contracts
- Ensure that information management processes are implemented for the project.
- Ensure processes are in place for Control Integrity Management System compliance and documented in approved Financial Controls Plan.
- Coordinate accounting support and resource requests
- Coordinate the development of cost allocation procedures as necessary
- Coordinates develop and updates of project deliverables pre Project Roadmap
- Support other business needs of project (ex. Independent Project Review, Check point reviews, Project Leadership Teams, and at times JV interactions)
- Train, mentor and develop understanding of Company’s project management process and intent of tools
- Support understanding and implementation of Brownfield Toolkit on project team
- Coordinate input to EMPC 6 month funding action plans
- Assist team’s development of project specific funding plans
- Develop, update, and implement resource planning process for projects
- Coordinate Lesson Learned workshops
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 97112.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK’s number one for engineering recruitment.
- Consultant name: Callum Donaldson
- Email: Callum.Donaldson@orioneng.com