Unilever Nigeria Plc – Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies.
Unilever Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Quality Manager, Nigeria
Job Number: 13000BOX
Location : Nigeria-Lagos State-Lagos-Oregun – Head Office
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
- The incumbent has overall responsibility for managing Quality & Consumer Safety within the cluster, the role span across the Supply Chain from the Supplier through the factory processes to the Customers/Consumers. The main objective of the job is to ensure a wholesome finished product which not only meets consumer safety standards and adequate product performance but also the perceived consumer requirement.
- In the Supply Management area the incumbent facilitates the risk assessment for Supplier & Materials (Raw & Packaging) based on the potential hazards (Biological, Physical, Chemical & Allergen). In addition, coordinates the auditing of medium & high risk Suppliers and 3Ps.
- During receipt of materials into the site warehouse, the incumbent ensures that adequate systems exist to only allow materials that meet defined quality criteria by using requisite Sampling Plans & Analysis (Chemical, Physical & Organoleptic/olfactory). Storage of the same must ensure that the Materials received are maintained in a wholesome state and that these do not degenerate in quality.
- The incumbent ensures that there is a robust system to manage FIFO which also facilitates upstream traceability of materials into the product during issues to the factory.
- The incumbent ensures that in the Factory area, there is a fully implemented HACCP system that guarantees consumer safety of the product. At the same time, the incumbent will ensure that the process parameters are not only monitored but maintained at optimum levels to guarantee quality consistency of the product. In addition, the incumbent ensures that the manufacturing hygiene elements of the process/factory are maintained and continually improved.
- In the area of innovation management, the incumbent champions the Quality in Innovation process that guarantee On Time In Full delivery of innovation and also prevention of potential product incident related to design and execution
- In the Customer/consumer end, the incumbent facilitates the evaluation of the products in the shelves to establish the level of consumer satisfaction and thereby their perception. This is done via On-shelf QDI (Quality Demerit Index). In addition, the incumbent ensures that downstream traceability is in place and effective.
- University degree, Lead Auditor (Unilever Quality Audits or ISO) qualification
- Experience in FMCG Supply Chain (Factory, Foods & HPC Categories, Logistics & Supply Management)
- Experience in HACCP, Manufacturing Hygiene, Category GMPs
- Cross functional business process knowledge
- People management
- Master of Business Administration would be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of the Unilever Business
- 8-10 Years experience in Quality
- Factory experience quality experience
Application Closing Date: 31st May, 2013