Emergency Rule: JTF Records Successes On Operations In Borno, Environs – Commander

Must Read

FG Reacts To Pastor Oyakhilome’s Comment On Lockdown, 5G Network

The Federal Government has reacted to a comment made by founder of Christ Embassy, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome that the...

Nigeria On Course To Stop Coronavirus Pandemic: FG

The Federal Government has expressed that Nigeria remains on the right path to conquer the Coronavirus pandemic in the...

Only Buhari Can Determine Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, Ogun, FCT – FG

The Federal Government says only President Muhammadu Buhari can decide whether or not, the lockdown of Lagos, Ogun and...

COVID-19: Buhari Sends Solidarity Message To UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson

President Muhammadu Buhari has sent his message of solidarity to UK's prime minister, Boris Johnson who was rushed into...

Covid-19: Ekiti Begins Distribution Of Palliatives (Photos)

Following the lockdown imposed on the nation as a result of the novel coronavirus, Ekiti state government has begun...
daniel
Ardent Reader, News Freak, Socio-Political Commentator, Archaeologist & Pro-Democrat.

Special Forces
JOINT NIGERIAN SPECIAL FORCES AND A MI-24V HIND ATTACK HELICOPER

Maj.-Gen. John Ewanshia, Commander of the Joint Task Force (JTF) in Borno, on Thursday in Maiduguri said the task force had recorded a lot of achievements since its operations began on May 14.Ewanshia said this during the two-day tour organised for journalists to have first-hand information about on-going military operations in the state.

He said the task force was currently working on the basis of the state of emergency declared recently by President Goodluck Jonathan to restore law and order to Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.

“As we speak, the operations are on-going and a lot of grounds had been covered and achievements had been recorded, but I won’t go into details.

“I will rather allow the gentlemen in the field to do the briefings,” the force commander said at the beginning of the tour.

A member of the JTF, Lt.-Col. Danladi Hassan, who is Commander of Combat Team One, said there had been tremendous progress.

While conducting journalists round the suspected terrorists’ camp in Kirenowa, about 60 kilometres to Nigeria’s border with Chad Republic, Hassan said the suspects left their camp on May 16.

He said this was after an encounter with the JTF and the group’s members had lived under the trees, to evade being spotted.

“This is to ensure that the rays of sunlight, as well as our surveillance from the aircraft do not expose them,” the troop leader said.

He said the camp also served as a training ground for the boys they recruited into the outlawed Boko Haram sect.

Hassan explained that members of the outlawed sect had destroyed their belongings when they discovered that the Federal Government troops were advancing towards them.

He also said when the troops moved into the camp, they discovered some drugs which were used by the terrorists.

Other items found in the camp include burnt cars, refrigerators, electric fans and gas cookers.

The rest are clothes, shoes, used and unused condoms, drugs and injection syringes, among others.

(NAN)

- Advertisement -

2 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -