Here are 25 characteristics of a loving husband and father as written by Robert Lewis.
1. He includes his wife in planning the future.
2. He accepts spiritual responsibility
for his family.
3. He is willing to say “I’m sorry”
and “Forgive me” to his family.
4. He discusses household
responsibility with his wife and
makes sure they are fairly
5. He seeks consultation from his
wife on all major financing
6. He follows through with
commitments he has made to his
7. He anticipates the different
stages his children will pass
8. He anticipates the different
stages his marriage will pass
9. He frequently tells his wife what
he likes about her.
10. He provides financially for his
family’s basic living expenses.
11. He deals with distraction so he
can talk with his wife and family.
12. He prays with his wife on a
13. He initiates meaningful family
14. He initiates fun family outings
for the family on a regular basis.
15. He takes the time to give his
children practical instruction
16. He manages the schedule of the
home and anticipates pressure
17. He keeps his family financially
sound and out of harmful debt.
18. He makes sure he and his wife
have drawn up a will.
19. He lets his wife and children
into the interior of his life.
20. He honours his wife in public.
21. He explains sex to each child in a
way that gives them a
22. He encourages his wife to grow
as an individual.
23. He takes the lead in establishing
sound family values
24. He allows his wife to
pursue her own personal
25. He is involved in a small group
of men dedicated to spiritual
Happy Fathers’ Day!