Man Prevented From Becoming A Police Officer Because He Was “Too smart.”

download (6)

If you are smart do not apply for a law enforcement job, your bid will be rejected.

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city who rejected his application.

The second U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld the lower court decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same rules apply to everyone who took the test. New York does not hire police officers that are too smart, as they claim that the very smart do not hold on to their police jobs.

“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his home in Waterford. “I maintain that a person has no more control over their basic intelligence than their eye color or gender or anything else.”

He said he did not plan to take any further legal action.

 

Wild Post

 

Tags from the story
intelligent, Officer, police, reject, test

1 Comment

  • Awwww..so sad my friend, 95% of the police officers in Nigeria actually failed intelligence test. The remaining 5% I’m sure are not better tho

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *