Our Client is one of Nigeria’s leading business conglomerates which has grown substantially over the last 45 years. It’s headquarters are situated in Lagos, the commercial capital of Nigeria, where the group started out in 1966 as a traditional trading outfit. The Group also has extensive operations on China, Hong-Kong and India.
The Group’s main activities are as follows:
Corporate Sales and Promotions
1. BASIC FUNCTION DESCRIPTION
Be perceived as a pro-active “BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST”.
Devote all his working time to EMEL’s activities.
Be responsible for developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet agreed company objectives.
To evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implement marketing plan alterations as needed
2. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP
To demonstrate the ability to interact and cooperate with all department employees.
To build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
A. Inside the organisation
Direct supervision received: HOD, Corporate Marketing Mgr.
Direct supervision exercised: Graphic designer
B. Outside the organization
Regular customer and potential customers meetings
Observe competitors and their activities.
Responsible for the marketing of company products and services to the B2B market.
Demonstrate technical marketing and company product knowledge.
Develop an annual marketing plan in conjunction with the sales department. This should detail the year’s activity to meet agreed company’s objectives.
Budget management. To deliver all marketing activity within an agreed budget.
To direct marketing staff where budgets are involved.
To manage all aspects of print production, receipt and distribution.
To achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all available media.
To manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
To conduct market research in order to identify market requirements for current and future products
Lead generation. To assist sales with new lead generation.
To develop and implement a company-wide plan to push product working together with all departments for its execution.
Develop sales presentations.
To analyse potential strategic partner relationships for product lines.
Desired Skills & Experience
Requirements Marketing Manager:
* A Bachelor’s Marketing degree or MBA preferred, though not required.
* 8 – 10+ years of experience in Creative Services / Marketing Communication (handling B2B Marketing communications).
* Previous marketing experience within corporate gifting services preferred.
* Hands-on experience developing web sites, viral marketing, print and email ad campaigns
* Demonstrable track record of building and managing , meeting objectives and driving results.
* Excellent strategic, collaborative, and leadership skills .
* Adept at providing insightful direction and leadership for integrated marketing programs across print, email, video and web channels.
* Extensive knowledge and experience with web design, graphic design, copywriting.
* Experience with B2B branding , naming and generating leads through strong marketing communications.
* Ability to inspire and uphold the company brand internally and externally.
* Prior management experience.
* Familiarity with varying design applications such as Adobe Create Suite, Flash, Photoshop, QuarkXpress, InDesign, and PowerPoint
* Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* A strong commitment to a team culture and positive attitude