WTS Energy is currently seeking a Principal/Senior Drilling Engineer (Jack-up Rigs) for an independent oil/gas company operating in Nigeria.
- Based in Lagos, on 28/28 rotation
- Competitive day rate, net of Nigerian Tax
- Travel days paid
- 12 months contract, renewable based on performance
- Project Duration – 3 years. Potential reassignment to other projects upon completion
The Princial Drilling Engineer will lead a team of drilling/completion and well test engineers in planning and supporting the safe and efficient delivery of development, exploration and appraisal wells in water-depths between 19 ft and 200 ft, offshore Nigeria.
Operations involve the following special challenges:
- High angle / extended reach drilling
- Casing cementations (long cement columns)
- Drilling depleted reservoirs
- Use of splitter wellhead technology
- Potential for deep leg penetrations (>150ft)
- Third party staff, service and equipment quality
- Complex supply chain and logistics
- Interaction with other (G&G) departments
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience, of which at least 5 in a similar position.
- Extensive experience involving jack-up operations, knowledge of semi’s and onshore operations would be beneficial.
- Previous Nigerian / West African experience is advantageous.
- Technical / engineering qualification required.
- IWCF sub sea well control at supervisory level or equivalent.