The Special Adviser to the state Governor on Media and Information, Alhaji Abdullahi Bego, made the appeal in a chat with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Damaturu on Sunday.
Bego said that while the Yobe government was totally in support of the declaration of emergency in the state, it would also like the Federal Government to set up a fund to assist people affected by the insurgency.
He said that the state government had been cooperating and providing logistics to the Joint Task Force (JTF), tackling the security problems.
“We have provided more than 200 vehicles to the JTF in addition to paying allowances to the operatives.’’
He said the state had spent about four billion naira since the insurgency started, describing the insurgency as a big drain on the meagre resources of the state.
The special adviser also appealed to the Federal Government to provide modern equipment to the security agencies, praising the troops for sticking to rules of engagement.