Death Toll In Kano Explosions Now 12, As Military Blames Latest Attack On Citizens’ Complacency

KANO_JTFThe death toll has climbed to 12, in the explosions that rocked Sabongari area of Kano on Monday, military spokesman, Cpt. Ikedichi Iweha said on Tuesday.

Iweha said in a statement that others who sustained injuries had been taken to the hospital for treatment.

According to the statement, “12 persons were confirmed to have died from both incidences, while a couple of others who sustained various degrees of injuries were rushed to hospital for medical attention”.

The statement urged the public to be vigilant and report any suspicious movements or persons to security authorities.

It added that “this latest incidence could have been avoided if citizens had maintained vigilance,” adding that contrary to media reports that the attack was carried out by suicide bombers, the parcel bombs were dropped among revellers.

It restated the determination of security agencies to continue to carry out their duties diligently.

“The JTF and other security agencies will continue to count on the support and cooperation of the people of Kano to achieve an atmosphere of peace conducive for all to live in’’, it added. (NAN)

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *