Seplat Petroleum Development Company Limited, formed by two Nigerian E & P companies viz; Shebah E & P and Platform Petroleum, was registered in 2009 as a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for the acquisition of 45% Interest in Oil Mining Licenses 4, 38 and 41.
The transfer of assets by International operators (Shell/Total/Agip) to an indigenous Nigerian company has been hailed around the world as a landmark initiative that has given added fillip to and redefined Local Capacity Development in the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Industry. It is the first time a Nigerian Independent company will acquire a major stake from an International Oil Company, complete with a smooth transfer of Operatorship.
After the successful acquisition on July 30th 2010, SEPLAT assumed operatorship and production from the assets seamlessly, accounting for a daily production of over 30,000 barrels of oil daily.
Seplat is one of the few E & P companies in Nigeria with operational Base Office located within her host community, thus demonstrating her deep commitment to her hosts.
- Ability to contribute effectively in company HSSE programs & systems. Promote active use of the SHIC system and ensure strict compliance with HSSE-MS manual.
- Ability to conduct and lead investigations on incidents with team to determine route cause, learning’s and recommendations to Management.
- Ability to assess the suitability of new and existing drilling and camp sites for drilling operations.
- Ensure well designs comply with the company technical standards / industry practices and meet appropriate regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Ability to monitor daily drilling and completion operations. Effectively comparing and analysing plan vs actual of the technical program, timing and cost. Measure drilling performance and maintains database to capture lessons learned.
- Ability to provide immediate and effective/efficient solutions to drilling and completion challenges, including down-hole and equipment equipments.
- Ability to manage service contract personnel and equipment mobilisation/demobilisation to reduce cost exposure.
- Ability to work closely with all service contractors. Draw-up optimized programs with service contractors for various drilling and completions operations. Follow-up service contractor end of operations reports.
- Ensure that the drilling contractor and service personnel deliver the highest quality performance and technical integrity of the wells during the execution phase.
- Ability to work closely with the company stake holder departments Assets Development, HSSE, CR, Engineering to plan and execute drilling and completion programs.
- Ensure drilling waste is efficiently managed according to regulatory requirements and the drill-sites are returned the natural environmental state post drilling activity.
- Provide detailed scope of work for all Drilling, Completion and Workover service contracts.
- Manage Drilling and Completion contracts by ensuring that the right set of tools are called-off from the appropriate contract without exceeding the ceiling value and the contract validity.
- Conduct DWOP, CWOP, WWOP & AAR meetings for all wells scheduled in the Technical Work Program and ensure that comments from these meetings are fed back into the future drilling and completion programs.
- Make valuable contributions to and review well proposals from the Asset Development.
- Prepare detailed and executable Drilling / Completion /Work-over program. And timely delivery of the End Of Well Report two weeks after well is completed.
- Ensure strict adherence to management of change procedure and report any deviations to the program and/or non-planned events are captured in details.
- Ability to prepare AFE cost estimates and analysis. Track / control the actual well cost on daily basis to ensure all well related cost are captured based on the planned AFE.
- Perform post analyses for benchmarking and learning, identification and implementation of appropriate new technologies.
- Coaching, development and supervision of younger engineers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Any Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 6 years drilling and completions Experience, of which atleast 4 years is spend on the field as DSV and or office based rig Operations.
- Excellent understanding of well operations, drilling contractor and rig activities Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of rig equipment
- Good knowledge of IADC regulations and standards
- Poses valid IWCF Certification
- Member of at least one professional body, including SPE.